• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another easy target for the bad guys

robertnmjr

imported post

LEO 229 is right. but the one thing that needs to be changed is when a person commits a crime he loses all rights except basic human rights and the right to a speedy trial. and his family shall lose there rights in sueing anyone or a business. he is committing the crime and as he wouldknow the law excepts the responsability.

i was brought up knowing that if i broke the law i would have to pay the consequencesfor my actions.

LEO 229

imported post

robertnmjr wrote:
LEO 229 is right. but the one thing that needs to be changed is when a person commits a crime he loses all rights except basic human rights and the right to a speedy trial. and his family shall lose there rights in sueing anyone or a business. he is committing the crime and as he wouldknow the law excepts the responsability.

i was brought up knowing that if i broke the law i would have to pay the consequencesfor my actions.

Correct...

It is like being a victim all over again when you get sued for the bad guy stubbing his toe while burglarizing your house.

There is just something wrong with that. But what is sad is that lawyers are more than willing to take the case. They should be the first line defense and deny taking on that kind of case.

Marco

imported post

French Foreign Legion
attachment.php

1st freedom

imported post

In the state of Virginia, as in about 16 others at this time we have the" Castle Doctrine" in place. That prevents you from being sued by someone or there family that is killed or injured while commiting a crime:celebrate

possumboy

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
In the state of Virginia, as in about 16 others at this time we have the" Castle Doctrine" in place. That prevents you from being sued by someone or there family that is killed or injured while commiting a crime:celebrate
When did this Castle Doctrine take effect for Civil Suits? I missed a lot of the sessions this year, but I thought it was defeated again by people thinking we are going to use it to shoot the Avon Lady or our daughter's boyfriend - I believe those were examples given in committee.

Tomahawk

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
This seems to be in dispute. Please cite the new code.