• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What brand of Ammo do you carry?

What brand of ammo do you trust in your carry gun?

• Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington

• Corbon

• Magsafe

• Buffalo Bore

• Fiocchi

• Double Tap

• Hornady

• Speer/CCI

• Other

• Total voters

Marco

imported post

What brand of ammo do you trust in your carry gun?

Just want toknow the whatand why?

Feel free to state what caliber you prefer in you post.

not a poll

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I use WWB as I currently only do target shooting and you can't beat $16 for one-hundred 9mm rounds.

If I carry, I'll probably be looking for some recommendations on decent JHP ammo.

sccrref

imported post

I carry Federal Premium 165 gr JHP Hydrasshock in my Glock 21 and same thing with 124 gr in my Glock 19. I carry Winchester Supreme 180 gr SXT in my Baretta PX4 Storm.

Marco

imported post

I have chosenDoubleTap's 135grJHP@1600 fps/767 ft lbsand 230gr Equalizer(135grJHP &95gr Lead Ball)@1040 fps/ 553 ft lbs for my Glock 20 in 10mm I stagger them(I haven't had any problems doing this in my gun).

I like all DT loads for 10mm their 165grJHP is my alternative load

My reasoning is DT is the only ammo that is loaded to true 10mm specs other than ammo that is no longer made and hard to find(Norma, Hornady Frontier, Rem 170grJHP)
Winchester Silvertips don't expand reliably.

I do like Cor-bons DPX line, the 110 DPX is loaded in my wifes SW340PD.

I also carry Fiocchi's 60gr JHP in my 1903 Colt Pocket pistol, I get it for the same prices as ball and it shoots great from my gun, if it expands great if not its the same as using fmj but going a little faster.

Not bashing anyone's chose just stating my opinion

Just wanted to know what others carried and why.

Thanks

LaneAtomic

imported post

Blazer Brass 125gr FMJ in .38 special, at least until I know whether or not I can carry hollow point or not. I carry for work, and may have ammo restrictions. AFAIK I will be able to carry hollow point .357, however I need to clear that.

Besides, can't beat $11.00 for a box of 50 .38 special. ;)

gsh341

imported post

Cor-Bon 40S&W DPX140gr.

I like the fact that it's a solid copper round so there isn't a jacket to separate and loose mass. According to all the testingI have seen the round opens perfectly every time, even through heavy clothing, and has excellent penetration.