• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What brand of Ammo do you carry?

What brand of ammo do you trust in your carry gun?

• Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington

• Corbon

• Magsafe

• Buffalo Bore

• Fiocchi

• Double Tap

• Hornady

• Speer/CCI

• Other

• Total voters

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Federal "Self Defence" 138 grain JPH in the Taurus 9mm

Federal "NYCLAD" 135 grain Semi-Wadcutter HP in the .38 S&W Special Revolver (Which I seldom carry). When my current supply is gone... I'll have to find somethine else since Federal no longer makes this round.

Superlite27

imported post

.45 cal. Federal Hydrashocks in my Springfield Armory 1911 Champion.

They are "crispy" when fired. I've never had one fail to feed, fail to fire, or fail to eject. (Read: Reliable) They don't seem to shorten up after several chamberings. I've also noticed that the primer hole seems larger in the cases that I have popped the primers out of. This seems like a good thing.

Marco

imported post

Double Tap's superb ammo in 9mm, 357sig and .45ACP :cool::cool::cool:

I ordered 1000rds(.380, 38spl+p, 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP)2 month ago so family could try it in their guns.

No one was disappointed,:dude:.

Based on performance they are switching to DT, the added bonus it is less expensive then what they currently use.

I'llbe order some more 10mm 165grGD's for myself soon.
Fiocchi will remain my choice for 32acp base on reliability and price.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XD .45 carries chambered and first mag rd Winchester Ranger SXT and the next 2 are Cor Bon DPX and then the rest of the mag alternates.

I've been carrying Speer Gold Dot in my Sig 9mm, mainly because of local availability issues. I haven't decided if I am going to stick with that or try something else. I was going to purchase DPX for it originally because I liked it in my .45 but it wasn't available locally. Now I'm leaning towards Federal HST.

Particle

imported post

Remington UMC 5.56x45 55gr FMJ

I can barely afford a box of FMJ as it is. JHP costs 50% more. That's why I don't have any. I have exactly one magazine.

VegasSig

imported post

I carry the closest to local LEO's carry here in Vegas it happens to be 165gr. in .40 and 230gr. in .45 Speer Golddots not sure as to 9mm. I know this from my several of my buddies; LVMPD and NLVPD. From my understanding and the many educated people I have spoken to, carrying what local LEO's use is a safe bet legally. In the .40s I use 165gr. Golddots, and in the .45 I carry 200gr. +P Golddots. I like the 200gr.+P's because I got a large lot of them from a buddy at a great price, and the little extra velocity doesnt hurt.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Nope -- I know what you are going to say too :) I carry hollow points in other calibers when I carry those, not in 9mm though. Although I did see some hollow points today that I might like to try out in my 9mm, they are 10 bucks for 5 rounds though, look very nice, havent seen the ballistics on them yet though.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/38148-46309-287.html