• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my OC experience...

b1ack5mith

imported post

Disc golf tourney in solitude utah, bro placed first in his division!

welllll this was quite an experience... thisll take awhile to type...

started off with a few looks here and there, it was VERY rural at 10000 feet above sea level, but there were probably a couple hundred people in the villiage :)

at first a guy asked "why are you carrying a pistol?" "for self defense" "oh *walks away*"

later, i was talkin to the kids, and i was like "MAN its cold! (it was 25 degrees)anything under 70 is freezing!"

the dude who asked me why i carried earlier then said "PFFT" and gave me a dirty look

later another guy asked what i was carrying "40 caliber" "why?" "self defense" "oh"

and the next day, he, his friend, and a girl, who were on the 4th story of a building, on their little sundeck... the guy said "wheres your gun?" "in the car, im just stoppin by here for a minute" then the girl says "why do you carry a consealed weapon?" "its not consealed" "oh" *mumbles"moron"mumbles*

then another guy was talkin to me about it, sayin "its illegal to carry that" "no it isnt, im fully within my right to carry this" "oh, then why do you carry it?" "self defense" "why?" "havent you heard, theres a black bear report here RIGHT NOW, theres also momma moose with babys, they WILL charge you if you get near her baby" "well, its illegal to carry it in a national forest" "no it isnt, its illegal to discharge a firearm in a national forest unless its in self defense" (and now i even question that because a hunter was up there, so maybe it IS legal to fire?) and he said "oh", and he walked away HAHAHHA!

the NEXT guy... was inside the building, i was outside in the cold, and he didnt know who my mom was... but she was in there too...and he was sayin how much of an idiot i am for carrying a handgun (stupidignorant people like that are the ones who get killed in the wilderness by bears) anyway, mom said "that idiot is my son" and he said "oh... well hes an idiot" mom said "hes defending his right to bear arms, hes defending HIMSELF, theres wild animals out there that can kill you" and that was that. another guy was talking to one of the kids in my bros disc golf group, and said "i wanna take his gun and pistolwhip him with it" and he called me a "pansy" and stuff... wow, IM a pansy... yet he was such a wuss, he couldnt tell me that to my face? wow... i think its HILARIOUS that they cant face an 18 year old to tell him hes an idiot, or a pansy... :)

FUNNNN time open carrying! I LOVE IT!

BTW kevin! your phone aint workin! WHAT THE CRAP!

b1ack5mith

imported post

it is BEAUTIFUL up there though! a momma deer and 2 babies were 40 feet behind us :)

do you guys ever get that kinda crap when you carry though?

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

sorry, couldn't resist simply answering your question. You'll get more crap than me because you're ten years younger. Just let it roll of your back, keep a good attitude and image, and you'll win many more people over to the OCDO style!

Keep it up bro... I particularly respect those "younger" who are willing to 'fight' and endure crap to preserve and win back our right. Nice job.

Corsair

mazellan819

imported post

I don't get many comments. I do get weird looks, usually from hoodlums that think I'm a cop. Most people don't even notice. I guess most people think i'm a cop, but I do have the persona that I am one because thats what ill be when I grageate college. lol

b1ack5mith

imported post

thanks guys! :) the thing that DID make me happy though, was one guy who was in the group infront of us said "well im glad youre around us because there are moose around here"

got to enlighten a few people about this, and thats something that we need to do :)