• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama RKBA Meeting

kurtmax_0

imported post

Several people from these forums have expressed interest in forming a gun rights organization in Alabama.

While Alabama isn't an extremely anti-gun state, and several pro-gun pieces of legislation have recently been passed, we think more can be done. A local organization could substantially help more pro-gun laws to be passed, and perhaps remove some of the restrictive laws currently in place.

We are currently planning to meet at:

Buffalo Wild Wings
2772 John Hawkins Pkway
Birmingham

Google maps link

On Saturday, September 22, @ 1100

The purpose of this meeting is simply to ascertain how many people are interested, and to come up with a basic structure and goals for an organization.

We are definitely interested in clarifying the legality of unconcealed carry of weapons in this state, but we would like to pursue other issues as well such as vehicle carry and 'shall issue' laws.

If you are interested in coming, please reply in this thread. If you are unsure if you will be able to make it, but would like to come, go ahead and post that you are tentatively coming. I'll try to check on this thread daily and compile a list of people planning to come.

I'm going to post a similar thread on thehighroad.org, but feel free to post notices on other pro-rkba forums as well. Please reply to this thread with a link to the thread you started on another forum so I can keep track of everything.

[line]
Other threads:
TheHighRoad.org

[line]
Confirmed:
Deacon Blues

Tentative:
DeerForce1
kurtmax_0

Deacon Blues

imported post

Well, I picked the location, so the least I could do is show up, right? ;) Consider me there.

For those who aren't totally clear on where "there" is, here are some photos I snapped the other day. These are only useful if you're coming from the North, however (I didn't realize that you couldn't take Exit 13 if you're going North). I hope these are helpful.

This is the sign you'll see as you approach the shopping center, and Paradise Pkwy. You could turn here, but the next road is more direct.

This is the Logan's you'll see at the second road leading into the shopping center, which is where you'll want to turn. You'll proceed to the row of buildings in back and turn right.

And this is the restaurant itself. Note: the white truck is not part of the store.

I may be out that way again later on, in which case I'll update this post with pictures from the other direction.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Alright... I hate bumping threads, but it's the only way I can communicate with you people. I really can't waste a whole day and spend the money and time driving out to B'ham (quite a ways for me) just to meet one person, especially if I can't even get a confirmation they will be there....

I'm gonna have to say, with just one other person willing to come, I don't think much of anything productive can be done. It's probably better to just hold a meeting online through IRC or something. That way the people that can't spare time can participate.

Opinions, suggestions, etc? This is kind of frustrating :banghead:

Right now I don't think I'm gonna drive up there tomorrow. Sorry if anybody goes and such, but you should've checked the thread before leaving anyhow ;)

Deacon Blues

imported post

Well, I hate to postpone, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to meet with one confirmed and two tentatives. It looks like we'll have to get people involved at a more basic level (IRC, etc, as you suggested) before we organize an actual meeting. Baby steps.

Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I might remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Chinese Proverb

kurtmax_0

imported post

Yeah I was surprised at the lack of response. Oh well, it's still possible. I think there were a few people that would have come if they didn't have other responsibilities as well, so it's not like nobody was interested.

IRC might be a better way to start. I'm too tired atm to think of a plan, but I'll be around in a day or so :p

DeerForce1

imported post

Sorry i haven't been online for a few days. I just found out thurs that i hadto work today. Unfortunately if i have anyone on the job site i have to be there too so taking the day off is not an option.

If another meet up is planned i'll try to be there.

What's IRC?...........................................................................DF1

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

DeerForce1 wrote:
Sorry i haven't been online for a few days. I just found out thurs that i hadto work today. Unfortunately if i have anyone on the job site i have to be there too so taking the day off is not an option.

If another meet up is planned i'll try to be there.

What's IRC?...........................................................................DF1
Internet Relay Chat....OCDO already has one set up....you can find info here......
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/3428.html

learn2shoot

imported post

There is an association already perhaps join this group and make it more visible and more effective.... Maybe someone could volunteer to build a website for them :)

http://www.nrahq.org/clubs/state.asp

ALABAMA STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION
Mr. James L. Moses, President
home: 256-534-7968
email: j.moses1@comcast.net

Mr. Ramon J. Samaniego, Jr., Sec./Treas.
home: 256-534-2644
Newsletter: Alabama Rifle & Pistol Bulletin
Mr. James Moses, Editor
j.moses1@comcast.net

kurtmax_0

imported post

Well, for now I think we ought to try having a meeting with IRC. How about Mon, Oct. 15 @ 1900?

It shouldn't take too long, I'd just like to see how many are interested and what options are available atm.

The server address is:
irc.afternet.org

channel:
#ALRKBA

If anybody needs help using IRC go ahead a post here. I can write up a more detailed explanation on how it works...