• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belt vs. Paddle

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Although I'm a Serpa Nut I found a Holsterset that I'm getting to OC:lol:.

Can I just say............(no words)......................................

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/fc/fc567.htm

[align=center]
bm_nhdfc.gif

FC 567 Systems[/align]

[align=center]

Style:

[align=left]Field Carry[/align]

Model:

System FC-567 REF 1

Finish Shown:

Boarder Tooled

Color Shown:

Mahogany Brown ,
[Mahogany]

Price:
FC5, FC6, FC7

[align=left]Plain[/align]
$299.95

Inlaid

$ N/A

Fully Carved
$619.95
[/align]

[align=center]
fc-567.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]

colt.gif

Read what our customers say about this product!

[/align]

[align=center]Components Available Separately - See Below[/align]

[align=center]Shown Worn: Mag Pouch Side
Shown Worn: Bullet Loop Side
Shown Worn: Holster Side
[/align]

[align=center]

bul_s.gif

FC 5 - Fully lined Mexican loop style holster with safety snap: $129.95.

bul_s.gif

FC 6 - Fully lined belt with Auto Carry - 20 loops. The loops have a stopper plate to ensure the rimless bullets do not work their way through: $179.95

bul_s.gif

FC 7 - Mexican loop style mag pouch - holds one mag: $34.95 Carved: $149.95

bul_s.gif

FC 8 - Mexican loop style mag pouch - holds two mags: $44.95 Carved: $179.95

bul_s.gif

FC568 - Complete system including FC5, FC6, FC8: $339.95 Fully Carved $639.95
[/align]

OR...........................................

bm_nhdfc.gif

FC 567 Systems

[align=center]

Style:

[align=left]Field Carry[/align]

Model:

FC-567 REF 2

Finish Shown:

Fully Carved

Color Shown:

Black - Saddle Tan

Price:

FC5
FC6
FC7

$619.95[/align]
[align=center]
fc567cs.jpg
[/align]

freesoul

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
freesoul wrote:
I thought this thread was about holsters!! :cuss:

I have a safariland paddle holster for my S&W 669 auto. comfortable and the gun rides up nice and high. :)
The holster is nothing if it doesn't hold something good. :celebrate
I don't know what you just said, but I don't think it was very nice :celebrate

Slowhand

imported post

I have a Level II Serpa for my Beretta 92FS and it only came with the low hang belt loop (which is a b*tch to get a belt through). Does Blackhawk make a paddle that can be bolted onto the Serpa level II?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
I have a Level II Serpa for my Beretta 92FS and it only came with the low hang belt loop (which is a b*tch to get a belt through). Does Blackhawk make a paddle that can be bolted onto the Serpa level II?
I have the Level II Serpa and it comes with BOTH Paddle and Belt Holster in the Package.

Raistlin Majere

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Slowhand wrote:
I have the Level II Serpa and it comes with BOTH Paddle and Belt Holster in the Package.

+1 to that.

My Level II Serpa came with both, and I added the shoulder harness for it as well. I may invest in the tactical mount for it as well.. who knows.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

CQC paddle for the XD most of the time. Anyone else out there carry these things??? They are all but impossible to pull out by a simple tug in my opinion. I've always liked my belt holster for my 1911, but the Blackhawk seems to hold my XD higher and closer so.... paddle is preferred.

sccrref

imported post

hogleg wrote:
My Fobus paddle holster is a bugger to get off once it is on.(belt or not) Would not falloff unless my pants fell off. However it isnot the most comfortable wearing holster I have. Since it is hard plastic it gets sweaty and hot. Plus it seems to stick out farther than I would like. But I like the way it fits my gun and the ease of draw. and the most important part, it goes on quick. PPKS for this one.

I am having a bugger of a time finding a paddle for my Px4. Does serpa or blackhawk make a level 2 in a paddle?
Google "Gould & Goodrich". They had a fair amount of stuff for the px4. Not sure if they had a paddle type as that was not what I was looking for. If they do not have a retailer near you, you can order direct from them. The items I have ordered arrived in very short order and so far I am satisfied with their products.

sccrref

imported post

I am ready to get a magazine holder (ammo not reading:D) and am wondering about paddle vice belt loop. To me it is obvious that the paddle will be easier to take on and off. I question if the paddle type holder will come off the belt while withdrawing the mags?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

sccrref wrote:
I am ready to get a magazine holder (ammo not reading:D) and am wondering about paddle vice belt loop. To me it is obvious that the paddle will be easier to take on and off. I question if the paddle type holder will come off the belt while withdrawing the mags?
The Paddle WILL stay solid tucked down. I have the mag holders and I like it alot

UTOC-45-44

imported post

hlh wrote:
sccrref wrote:
I'm not clear what you're asking. My spare magazine holder is on my weak side and my paddle holster is on my strong side. They're separate.
I have a paddle for BOTH the Gun and the Mags. I bought an extra paddle for the 2 mag holders

kblazk

imported post

Here ismy blawkhawk serpa with the level 2 retention holding a glock 22. Serpa is on with paddle. I didn't like the belt thing because the gun tended to fall outwards, the paddle keeps it upright and from tipping. This holster is great for OCing and the rentention button is greatly needed when OCing so someone doesn't grab it but this thing sticks out a little and is not at all concealable with only a t-shirt, even a light jacket you can still tell something is there. My FAV holster for conceal is the safariland 527. It is a belt holster and when it is sittingat about the 5'oclock position it holds the gun very close to your body and is easily concealable with just a t-shirt. you can even OC with it if you flip the shirt up and behind the gun but you don't have any retention against someone grabbing it other than you have to draw it just right.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4105&C=C1387

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=527

Attachments

• DSC00422.JPG
    DSC00422.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,011

sccrref

imported post

hlh wrote:
sccrref wrote:
I'm not clear what you're asking. My spare magazine holder is on my weak side and my paddle holster is on my strong side. They're separate.
Is your spare mag holder held onto youself via loops that your belt goes through or is the spare mag holder make use of a paddle mechanism to hold it in place. If it is kept in place by a paddle, does it stay secure when extracting a spare magazine from the spare magazine holder?

sccrref

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
sccrref wrote:
The Paddle WILL stay solid tucked down. I have the mag holders and I like it alot
UTOC thanks for the input. I am leaning toward the paddle type spare mag holder but wanted to get a reality check before I drop the money down.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

sccrref wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
sccrref wrote:
UTOC thanks for the input. I am leaning toward the paddle type spare mag holder but wanted to get a reality check before I drop the money down.
I bought, to be Honest, another holster so that way I got 2 holsters. ! always ready for Belt Carry and 1 always ready fro Paddle carry. This way you will have 2 Paddles. 1 for the Gun and 1 for 2 mag holders. the same with the Belt Carry

spurrit

imported post

I've got one similar to that, but instead of a lever, you rotate the gun ten degrees to the rear, then pull. I had to look it up on the internet to figure out how to get my damn gun back, after I shoved it in there. Took 5 minutes of training for it to feel natural. You pretty much have to take my pants off to get the gun away from me, unless you know the trick.

nova

imported post

I have several (for different guns) Uncle Mike's "law enforcement" paddle holsters, and also one of their belt holsters. All Kydex.

One of the paddle holsters is the original design, with a solid paddle, and only adjustable for cant, not ride height. The two newer paddle holsters (which are "skeletonized" to save weight on the paddle) are adjustable for cant, and ride height. Right now, I have them set up for OC, so I have them drop lower than I would normally, and straight down. Retention is great, the gun stays put unless I want it out with a swift tug straight up (can't pull it out at an angle so it's a bad day for the gun grabbers :lol: )

The belt holster I have is also good, except I can't adjust cant or height, and I can't take it off or put it on without unlooping my belt. The paddle holsters (both the old design and new) stay put, and I've never had them pull out while drawing.

Not bad for a 14 dollar holster :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

POINTMAN:

Looks like he is sporting a Blackhawk SERPA CQC Level II holster using the belt attachment instead of the paddle attachment (it comes with both). I have 2 of those I use for my XD and P228. I like them quite a bit.

They are adjustable for FBI, vertical or crossdraw by taking out 4 screws, setting your angle of the paddle or belt attachment and replacing the screws. There are little hooks you see on the belt loop attachment that can be adjusted up for belt thickness down to about 1". Using them with the paddle makes yanking it off your side near impossible as the outside hooks grab the belt and an inside hook on the paddle grabs your waistband.

I usually use the paddle as I have to take it off from time to time during the day. With my 5.11 reinforced leather belts it holds tight to my body with either the belt or paddle attachment.