Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours

Post imported post

http://infowars.com/articles/ps/poli...fter_hours.htm

I was just speechless after watching the video. I'm just glad the guy had cameras in his own car to capture the threats from the officer.

Quote from the police officer:
    Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things.

Post imported post

Grahf wrote:
    http://infowars.com/articles/ps/poli...fter_hours.htm

I was just speechless after watching the video. I'm just glad the guy had cameras in his own car to capture the threats from the officer.

Quote from the police officer:
    Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things.
    And this is why we TRUST cops:what:.

Real NICE people.

Ok.OK... LEO229 is OK

State Researcher

Post imported post

This guy needs to loose his job.

Post imported post

Well, we don't trust cops at all. Most real cops will tell you to not trust your life to anybody else including cops.

LEO is like any job. To some they put alot into it and excel at what they do and are a real credit to the pofession. Also like any job you have those folks who are a waste of skin and a black eye for all. A worthless **** that just wont flush.

I agree this cop needs to go..... As for the problems at those parking lots late at night I can tell you it is not really a problem with theft at the two near me, it is a problem with male adult uhhhhh, behavior.... But that is another issue altogether.

Post imported post

The vast majority of police, if not beginning that way, become bullies and thugs.

I believe that the majority of them do sign up with the best of intentions but, with the stresses that go with the job, the internal pressures to act in a certain way, and worst of all, the corruption that comes with power and the inability of most people to handle that power without it warping their perception of reality, that they inevitably end up becoming people you fear rather than admire.

I wonder how this gentleman would have fared if the LEO hadn’t realized he was being filmed?
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

State Researcher

Post imported post

If anyone finds any followup reports, please post them...

Post imported post

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Post imported post

Update:

Officer in trouble over motorist's video in South County

By Patrick M. O'Connell and Georgina Gustin
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/11/2007

ST. GEORGE — A car-mounted video camera — more commonly used by police than against them — captured a loud and threatening confrontation in this tiny St. Louis County community that left an officer on suspension and the whole world able to listen in.

The picture doesn't show much, but the audio part of the recording, posted on Google Video and YouTube on the Internet, brought more than 300 protest calls to St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig.

"I was very displeased when I saw the actions on the video," Uhrig said. "My officers are not trained and taught to act like that."

He put Sgt. James Kuehnlein on unpaid suspension pending further investigation.

Uhrig said the officer's actions were not justified, and he insisted the episode is not representative of his department.

A voice identified as Kuehnlein's can be heard taunting the driver and threatening to jail him on fabricated charges.

The tape, made late last week, was from a camera running in the vehicle Kuehnlein approached, police said.

Brett Darrow, 20, of St. Louis, said he was the driver who recorded the exchange. He posted it online Saturday.

"I wanted everybody to see that this kind of stuff does happen," Darrow said. "I thought if I just go to the chief or whatever, it would just get swept under the rug."

Kuehnlein could not be reached for comment Monday night.

St. George, a municipality of about 1,300, sits along Interstate 55 at Reavis Barracks Road.

In the video, Kuehnlein, a St. George officer for about two years, approaches a young man who was sitting in a parked car about 2 a.m. in a commuter lot near Spokane and Reavis Barracks roads. Kuehnlein asks for identification. When Darrow asks whether he did anything wrong, the officer orders him out of the car and begins shouting.

"You want to try me? You want to try me tonight? You think you have a bad night? I will ruin your night. … Do you want to try me tonight, young boy?"

Darrow says no.

"Do you want to go to jail for some (expletive) reason I come up with?" the police officer says. Later, Darrow says, "I don't want any problems, officer."

"You're about to get it," Kuehnlein is heard saying. "You already started your (expletive) problems with your attitude."

After the officer notices the camera, he says, "I don't really care about your cameras, 'cause I'm about ready to tow your car, then we can tear 'em all apart."

After more than 10 minutes of interaction, Darrow is allowed to go.

Darrow said he was not trying to entrap the officer. He said he pulled into the commuter lot to meet a friend. When the officer asked him for identification, Darrow said he didn't immediately present it because he believes the officer stopped him without probable cause.

Darrow said he installed the cameras in his Nissan Maxima after past run-ins with police. He said he was involved in a physical confrontation in 2005 with an off-duty St. Louis police officer, in a case Darrow said was later dismissed.

Darrow said he plans to meet with Uhrig today to discuss the weekend incident.

Chief Uhrig said Kuehnlein stopped to talk to Darrow because police have received reports of thefts from cars in the area. But, Uhrig said, based on his viewing of the online video, the officer acted inappropriately when he threatened to make up charges, and used a disrespectful tone and inappropriate language.

"We don't do that," Uhrig said. "Someone either violated the law or they didn't. You don't say, I'll lock you up and then come up with why afterward."

Joel Currier of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

poconnell@post-dispatch.com | 314-863-2821

ggustin@post-dispatch.com | 618-624-2438
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Wonder how long before they make it a crime to record LEO actions?

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    I'm sure it probably already is in some jurisdictions...

Post imported post

POLICE STATE ........ this a-hole needs to bepublicallyhumiliated and fired.

I've said this to alot of people and I'll state it here also......... youtake people out into the street and strip them bare-a@@ naked and they are no different than the next person standing out there......... there are males and there are females and thats it..... somehowsome peoplethink thatbecause they wear different clothesor have more cash in their pockets that they somehow become better than everyone else around them .......could you tell a cop from alawyer when he'sbutt naked ...... a maid from a secretary........... an A student from a C student.......seriously??

there isn't a person living on this rock, that would not be scared and vulnurable when you have no clothes to seperate you fromme.....

LEO's.......... would you want to be treated in that way? Would you want your freedom and liberty threatened by some smart mouth with atin badge made in China and authorized by the United Nations ......show somepridein your country and for the legal individuals thatmake America still thehome of the brave...... andalways thefree.

You took an oath to uphold the Constitution of The United States of America did you not ............I don't see that being done here.......

Do unto others my friend

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Looking at the St. George MO. data, the crime rate there is very low. And with only 5 full time officers and 2 reserves(2002 data) I have my doubts that anything will be done with this scumbag cop. I would hope there will be a civil lawsuit brought against this guy, and that others that have been treated this way will now come forward.

http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-George-Missouri.html

Post imported post

I did not like that video - that officer flew off the handle without provocation, and I'd hate to think what might have happened had the camera not been there. Makes me want to install video cameras in my cars too.

Post imported post

Not trying to defend the cop here, but if you are operating a vehicle don't you have to hand over your drivers license if requested? Just sitting in a parked car does count as operating in most places, if you are in the drivers seat with the keys handy.

Post imported post

Actually he did give the cop his DL. All he did was ask what he was doing wrong which caused the cop to fly off the handle. After the cop ordered him out of his car he asked again for his DL & it was given to him, but the Cop kept on his tirade about making up any excuse he wanted to put him in jail & tow his vehicle.

Luckily with the video evidence the story had a happy ending. The victim did not go to jail on baseless reasons made up by the cop, and the cop is now on unpaid administrative leave during the investigation.

Post imported post

Probably--but it's usually when you've committed a traffic infraction--which was not articulated at the beginning of the incident. The police officer, when challenged by the citizen (*GASP :shock as to the infraction, went on a tirade and became Badged Billy Badass. It was only at the end of the incident did the police officer come up with some lame "weaving" accusation.

Again, did the police officer really need to say he was going to make up some charges to put the citizen in jail and confiscate his property?

This yahoo is a Sgt after only 2 years? WOW....I think I'll refrain from questioning this guys lineage or education....

Post imported post

The cop's voice sounds like he's whining.

Post imported post

Sounded and acted like Farva. MEOW!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Post imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
    Sounded and acted like Farva. MEOW!
    Funny as hell: Farva

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    Well, here’s step 1 to implementing that…
    City May Seek Permit and Insurance for Many Kinds of Public Photography

"...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Post imported post

Wow. How scary. I have had bad encounters with police officers. I have always acted respectful to them but I guess being young is a violation of some sort. I have had my vehicle searched more than once without consent. I had an officer ask me if I was "smoking a little weed". When I told him I didnt smoke he put me in the back of his car and searched my car. He tried to ticket me for no license plates as I had temporary registration since I just bought the car. When I informed him, he said he will still give me a ticket for no front plate. When I told him I never got one from the dealship he yelled "Just pay the damn fine!". Im seriously considering a camera in my car now.

Post imported post

Ah....NYC....new slogan: "Almost as Left wing as California, without the earthquakes"

Post imported post

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...P3HbS4OI4nt5NQ

Officer Suspended After Video Threat 3 hours ago
    ST. GEORGE, Mo. (AP) — A suburban St. Louis police sergeant has been put on unpaid suspension, accused of threatening to invent charges against a driver who caught the exchange on videotape.
    The driver, Brett Darrow, 20, recorded Friday's exchange with Sgt. James Kuehnlein with a dashboard videocamera he installed after past run-ins with police. He posted the video online Saturday.
    "I wanted everybody to see that this kind of stuff does happen," Darrow told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in Tuesday's edition. "I thought if I just go to the chief or whatever, it would just get swept under the rug."
    In the video, Kuehnlein approaches Darrow, who was sitting in a parked car at about 2 a.m. in a commuter lot. Kuehnlein asks for identification.
    When Darrow asks whether he did anything wrong, the officer orders him out of the car and begins shouting.
    "You want to try me? You want to try me tonight? You think you have a bad night? I will ruin your night. Do you want to try me tonight, young boy?"
    Darrow says no.
    "Do you want to go to jail for some (expletive) reason I come up with?" the police officer says. Later, Darrow says, "I don't want any problems, officer."
    After about 10 minutes, Darrow is allowed to go.
    The recording, posted on YouTube.com, brought more than 300 protest calls to St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig.
    "I was very displeased when I saw the actions on the video," Uhrig said. "My officers are not trained and taught to act like that."
    A listed number could not be found for Kuehnlein for comment.
    Uhrig said Kuehnlein stopped to talk to Darrow because police have received reports of thefts from cars in the area. But Uhrig said the officer's actions and tone were inappropriate.
    "Someone either violated the law or they didn't. You don't say, I'll lock you up and then come up with why afterward," Uhrig said.

Post imported post

My interactions with police officers have been this scary. I'm affraid of them.

Montana 2003: officer lied in court that he saw me smoking marijuana (long story short, I wasn't smoking, so that wasn't possible) and that I had a prior record and had been warned several times about MIP (I had no record what-so-ever and had never been warned about MIP). I also had a good lawyer, and he objected to the legality of everything the prosecutor said, but the judge kept saying "I'm going to allow it" to things like hear-say that are illegal to use in court. When I filed an appeal, they sent me a letter saying that I hadn't filed correctly (it was correct, but whatever) and that I had until february 24th to re-file. This letter was postmarked march 4th. I called to protest, and the court clerk said that I would have to beg a judge for another chance to file, and that meant driving back to montana AGAIN, so I didn't.

Ellensburg, WA2004: I missed a court date in Bellevueto contest a speeding ticket, so I had to pay it along with a $48 late fee for missing court. They said that the fee hadn't applied, so I would be refunded. I got a refund check and that was the last time I heard from them. I get pulled over for 35 in a 25 in ellensburg, and I find out that my license was suspended. Apparently, after they refunded me the $48, they tacked the fee back on and never bothered to tell me, suspending my license for not paying it.

Fife, WA2005: My friend was a security guard and friends with the bouncers at a night club. It was an 18+ club with a 21+ bar. He gave me his spare badge to clip onto my belt under my jacket, and told me to claim to be his partner so that I could get in free. I figured claiming to be a security guard to bouncers wouldn't be a big deal. We were getting ready to leave and there appeared to be the beginnings of a gang fight in the parking lot. I went to my car and got my handgun, and returned to get our carpool and leave the club. This was not illegal, although it was against the club policies. As we were leaving, we asked the bouncers if everything would be ok or if they needed help. The cop talking to them asked them who we were. They told them that we were security, and had badges. The cop asked to see them, and arrested us for impersonating police officers because our badges looked too much like police badges (they weren't marked as police badges, and the cop was 100% wrong about that being illegal). He then searched me and found my gun, adding the charge of weapon in an illegal place (it wasn't an illegal place, in washington state). He decided at the department that he was going to "make sure I never carried a gun again", and logged my wallet, CWP, and ID into evidence (there was no reason to confiscate my CWP or my ID).

Tukwila, WA2005: Harassed for open carry at Southcenter mall. See the thread in the WA state section of this site for details. I got the police reports and they lied about the whole thing. They said that they never questioned my rights and I was jumping around and shaking violently like I was having heroine withdrawls. It was humorous, but agrivating to hear blatant lies in the police reports.

Anyway, long story short, I'm affraid of cops at this point.

State Researcher

Post imported post

.......could you tell a cop from alawyer when he'sbutt naked ...... a maid from a secretary........... an A student from a C student.......seriously??
    Cop from a lawyer? Nope. A studen from C student? Nope. Maid from a secretary? Maybe maybe not, but I'd take a good long time trying to figure it out :celebrate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast