• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours

Grahf

imported post

http://infowars.com/articles/ps/police_threaten_detain_motorist_for_parking_after_hours.htm

I was just speechless after watching the video. I'm just glad the guy had cameras in his own car to capture the threats from the officer.

Quote from the police officer:[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things.
[/font]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Grahf wrote:
http://infowars.com/articles/ps/police_threaten_detain_motorist_for_parking_after_hours.htm

I was just speechless after watching the video. I'm just glad the guy had cameras in his own car to capture the threats from the officer.

Quote from the police officer:[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things.
[/font]

And this is why we TRUST cops:what:.

Real NICE people.

Ok.OK... LEO229 is OK:lol:

hogleg

imported post

Well, we don't trust cops at all. Most real cops will tell you to not trust your life to anybody else including cops.

LEO is like any job. To some they put alot into it and excel at what they do and are a real credit to the pofession. Also like any job you have those folks who are a waste of skin and a black eye for all. A worthless turd that just wont flush.

I agree this cop needs to go..... As for the problems at those parking lots late at night I can tell you it is not really a problem with theft at the two near me, it is a problem with male adult uhhhhh, behavior.... But that is another issue altogether.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

The vast majority of police, if not beginning that way, become bullies and thugs.

I believe that the majority of them do sign up with the best of intentions but, with the stresses that go with the job, the internal pressures to act in a certain way, and worst of all, the corruption that comes with power and the inability of most people to handle that power without it warping their perception of reality, that they inevitably end up becoming people you fear rather than admire.

I wonder how this gentleman would have fared if the LEO hadn’t realized he was being filmed?

ChinChin

imported post

Update:

Officer in trouble over motorist's video in South County

By Patrick M. O'Connell and Georgina Gustin
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
09/11/2007

ST. GEORGE — A car-mounted video camera — more commonly used by police than against them — captured a loud and threatening confrontation in this tiny St. Louis County community that left an officer on suspension and the whole world able to listen in.

The picture doesn't show much, but the audio part of the recording, posted on Google Video and YouTube on the Internet, brought more than 300 protest calls to St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig.

"I was very displeased when I saw the actions on the video," Uhrig said. "My officers are not trained and taught to act like that."

He put Sgt. James Kuehnlein on unpaid suspension pending further investigation.

Uhrig said the officer's actions were not justified, and he insisted the episode is not representative of his department.

A voice identified as Kuehnlein's can be heard taunting the driver and threatening to jail him on fabricated charges.

The tape, made late last week, was from a camera running in the vehicle Kuehnlein approached, police said.

Brett Darrow, 20, of St. Louis, said he was the driver who recorded the exchange. He posted it online Saturday.

"I wanted everybody to see that this kind of stuff does happen," Darrow said. "I thought if I just go to the chief or whatever, it would just get swept under the rug."

Kuehnlein could not be reached for comment Monday night.

St. George, a municipality of about 1,300, sits along Interstate 55 at Reavis Barracks Road.

In the video, Kuehnlein, a St. George officer for about two years, approaches a young man who was sitting in a parked car about 2 a.m. in a commuter lot near Spokane and Reavis Barracks roads. Kuehnlein asks for identification. When Darrow asks whether he did anything wrong, the officer orders him out of the car and begins shouting.

"You want to try me? You want to try me tonight? You think you have a bad night? I will ruin your night. … Do you want to try me tonight, young boy?"

Darrow says no.

"Do you want to go to jail for some (expletive) reason I come up with?" the police officer says. Later, Darrow says, "I don't want any problems, officer."

"You're about to get it," Kuehnlein is heard saying. "You already started your (expletive) problems with your attitude."

After the officer notices the camera, he says, "I don't really care about your cameras, 'cause I'm about ready to tow your car, then we can tear 'em all apart."

After more than 10 minutes of interaction, Darrow is allowed to go.

Darrow said he was not trying to entrap the officer. He said he pulled into the commuter lot to meet a friend. When the officer asked him for identification, Darrow said he didn't immediately present it because he believes the officer stopped him without probable cause.

Darrow said he installed the cameras in his Nissan Maxima after past run-ins with police. He said he was involved in a physical confrontation in 2005 with an off-duty St. Louis police officer, in a case Darrow said was later dismissed.

Darrow said he plans to meet with Uhrig today to discuss the weekend incident.

Chief Uhrig said Kuehnlein stopped to talk to Darrow because police have received reports of thefts from cars in the area. But, Uhrig said, based on his viewing of the online video, the officer acted inappropriately when he threatened to make up charges, and used a disrespectful tone and inappropriate language.

"We don't do that," Uhrig said. "Someone either violated the law or they didn't. You don't say, I'll lock you up and then come up with why afterward."

Joel Currier of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

poconnell@post-dispatch.com | 314-863-2821

ggustin@post-dispatch.com | 618-624-2438

Individualist

imported post

POLICE STATE ........ this a-hole needs to bepublicallyhumiliated and fired.

I've said this to alot of people and I'll state it here also......... youtake people out into the street and strip them bare-a@@ naked and they are no different than the next person standing out there......... there are males and there are females and thats it..... somehowsome peoplethink thatbecause they wear different clothesor have more cash in their pockets that they somehow become better than everyone else around them .......could you tell a cop from alawyer when he'sbutt naked ...... a maid from a secretary........... an A student from a C student.......seriously??

there isn't a person living on this rock, that would not be scared and vulnurable when you have no clothes to seperate you fromme.....

LEO's.......... would you want to be treated in that way? Would you want your freedom and liberty threatened by some smart mouth with atin badge made in China and authorized by the United Nations ......show somepridein your country and for the legal individuals thatmake America still thehome of the brave...... andalways thefree.

You took an oath to uphold the Constitution of The United States of America did you not ............I don't see that being done here.......

Do unto others my friend

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looking at the St. George MO. data, the crime rate there is very low. And with only 5 full time officers and 2 reserves(2002 data) I have my doubts that anything will be done with this scumbag cop. I would hope there will be a civil lawsuit brought against this guy, and that others that have been treated this way will now come forward.

http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-George-Missouri.html

swift

imported post

I did not like that video - that officer flew off the handle without provocation, and I'd hate to think what might have happened had the camera not been there. Makes me want to install video cameras in my cars too. :)

FogRider

imported post

Not trying to defend the cop here, but if you are operating a vehicle don't you have to hand over your drivers license if requested? Just sitting in a parked car does count as operating in most places, if you are in the drivers seat with the keys handy.

swift

imported post

Actually he did give the cop his DL. All he did was ask what he was doing wrong which caused the cop to fly off the handle. After the cop ordered him out of his car he asked again for his DL & it was given to him, but the Cop kept on his tirade about making up any excuse he wanted to put him in jail & tow his vehicle.

Luckily with the video evidence the story had a happy ending. The victim did not go to jail on baseless reasons made up by the cop, and the cop is now on unpaid administrative leave during the investigation.

SIGguy229

imported post

Probably--but it's usually when you've committed a traffic infraction--which was not articulated at the beginning of the incident. The police officer, when challenged by the citizen (*GASP :shock:) as to the infraction, went on a tirade and became Badged Billy Badass. It was only at the end of the incident did the police officer come up with some lame "weaving" accusation.

Again, did the police officer really need to say he was going to make up some charges to put the citizen in jail and confiscate his property?

This yahoo is a Sgt after only 2 years? WOW....I think I'll refrain from questioning this guys lineage or education....