Thread: West Springfield police station open house

Post imported post

I have an idea for an October OCDO event!

Anyone want toattend a police station open house? I'm seriously thinking about attending the W. Springfield event next month (Sat Oct 13th). The event runs from 1000-1500. VCDL isconsidering speaking at the Alexandria City Council meeting that morning, so we could meet in Alexandria, attend the hearing, grab a bite to eat somewhere afterwards, and then head to the police station. This webpage has the details, clicking on the W. Springfield event pulls up a pdf flier with more information. Sone of the cool things I noticed that's sure to please both LEO 229 and Citizen... PONY RIDES!

But seriously, I badly want someone to take a pic of me standing with Mcgruff the crime dog while OC'ing. Anyone want to go?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

You know, this might be a really good opportunity to let police see that armed citizens can go about life without getting into shootouts over parking spaces.

Other citizens attending will be able to see the same thing; and see the police not getting excited by the presence of armed citizens.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Interesting idea NS. If I'm employed by then I'll have to make an effort to join you.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    You know, this might be a really good opportunity to let police see that armed citizens can go about life without getting into shootouts over parking spaces.

Other citizens attending will be able to see the same thing; and see the police not getting excited by the presence of armed citizens.

Sounds good but I can't help thinking what really is on your mind is PONY RIDES!!!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Citizen wrote:

Sounds good but I can't help thinking what really is on your mind is PONY RIDES!!!!
    Yeah, you got me there.

Maybe I'll buy some cowboy gear and an Ruger Vaquero before I go.

(Oh, crud. I shouldn't have said that. Now, Tomahawk is gonna come along with another Village People picture. I just know it.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    Citizen wrote:

Yeah, you got me there.

Maybe I'll buy some cowboy gear and an Ruger Vaquero before I go.

(Oh, crud. I shouldn't have said that. Now, Tomahawk is gonna come along with another Village People picture. I just know it.)
    Nah, I'll take it easy:

Just don't shoot your eye out, kid.

Anyone wonder if McGruff wears a dogpaddle holster under that coat?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No, but I believe there is a better way to "take a bite out of crime" than a mascot dog wearing a raincoat. I'm sure criminals laugh every time they hear the name McGruff.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

Nah, I'll take it easy:
    Well, thank you. That was definitely easier than the "fashion boy" comment andits accompanying picture.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sounds like fun. Can I have Jason bring his Lego gun?

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Just make sure the serial number is legible.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Has anyone ever OC'd at a Police station? Even though most VA Police are cool with OC, I would be reluctant to walk into their station while OCing.

Post imported post

Slowhand wrote:
    Has anyone ever OC'd at a Police station? Even though most VA Police are cool with OC, I would be reluctant to walk into their station while OCing.
    The VCDL hosts it's meetings at the Mason District Government Center. Fairfax County PD is in that facility. Apart from the VCDL meetings, I have OC'd in a Leesburg PD facility and the Manassas City PD facility...all within the last couple of months.

Post imported post

So,...no one (cop) batted an eye or approached you?

Post imported post

Not at all

Post imported post

They probably just think you're plainclothes from another jurisdiction.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
    They probably just think you're plainclothes from another jurisdiction.
    The meeting room reservation sign tells all that VCDL is using the room.

And, I'm sure Penelope Gross, the district supervisor was careful to inform the police. Her office is in the same building. She hates the very idea of law-abiding citizens possessing the means for self-defense in "her" building. Even went so far as to accuse, in the press,a very mild-mannered VCDL Board member of "intimidating" her staff.

Post imported post

Anyone going today? I think I'm going to pass... feeling lazy.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

If Penny was a true American, then she would have nothing to fear. Her fear is rightly equally proportional to hertyranny and corruption.

If she us just, then there is nothing to fear....

Only the unjust and corrupt need fear an armed citizenry.