• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Springfield police station open house

IanB

imported post

I have an idea for an October OCDO event!

Anyone want toattend a police station open house? I'm seriously thinking about attending the W. Springfield event next month (Sat Oct 13th). The event runs from 1000-1500. VCDL isconsidering speaking at the Alexandria City Council meeting that morning, so we could meet in Alexandria, attend the hearing, grab a bite to eat somewhere afterwards, and then head to the police station. This webpage has the details, clicking on the W. Springfield event pulls up a pdf flier with more information. Sone of the cool things I noticed that's sure to please both LEO 229 and Citizen... PONY RIDES!

But seriously, I badly want someone to take a pic of me standing with Mcgruff the crime dog while OC'ing. Anyone want to go?

33415264_9608c81058.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You know, this might be a really good opportunity to let police see that armed citizens can go about life without getting into shootouts over parking spaces.

Other citizens attending will be able to see the same thing; and see the police not getting excited by the presence of armed citizens.

VAopencarry

imported post

Citizen wrote:
You know, this might be a really good opportunity to let police see that armed citizens can go about life without getting into shootouts over parking spaces.

Other citizens attending will be able to see the same thing; and see the police not getting excited by the presence of armed citizens.
Sounds good but I can't help thinking what really is on your mind is PONY RIDES!!!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Sounds good but I can't help thinking what really is on your mind is PONY RIDES!!!!

Yeah, you got me there. :)

Maybe I'll buy some cowboy gear and an Ruger Vaquero before I go.

(Oh, crud. I shouldn't have said that. Now, Tomahawk is gonna come along with another Village People picture. I just know it.)

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Yeah, you got me there. :)

Maybe I'll buy some cowboy gear and an Ruger Vaquero before I go.

(Oh, crud. I shouldn't have said that. Now, Tomahawk is gonna come along with another Village People picture. I just know it.)

Nah, I'll take it easy:
ralphie.jpg

Just don't shoot your eye out, kid.

Anyone wonder if McGruff wears a dogpaddle holster under that coat?
chase.gif

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds like fun. Can I have Jason bring his Lego gun?

Slowhand

imported post

Has anyone ever OC'd at a Police station? Even though most VA Police are cool with OC, I would be reluctant to walk into their station while OCing.

vrwmiller

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
Has anyone ever OC'd at a Police station? Even though most VA Police are cool with OC, I would be reluctant to walk into their station while OCing.
The VCDL hosts it's meetings at the Mason District Government Center. Fairfax County PD is in that facility. Apart from the VCDL meetings, I have OC'd in a Leesburg PD facility and the Manassas City PD facility...all within the last couple of months.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
They probably just think you're plainclothes from another jurisdiction.

The meeting room reservation sign tells all that VCDL is using the room.

And, I'm sure Penelope Gross, the district supervisor was careful to inform the police. Her office is in the same building. She hates the very idea of law-abiding citizens possessing the means for self-defense in "her" building. Even went so far as to accuse, in the press,a very mild-mannered VCDL Board member of "intimidating" her staff.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If Penny was a true American, then she would have nothing to fear. Her fear is rightly equally proportional to hertyranny and corruption.

If she us just, then there is nothing to fear....

Only the unjust and corrupt need fear an armed citizenry.