Thread: Anywhere to shoot near Williamsburg?

Post imported post

I am in Williamsburg visiting the in-laws, and would like to go shooting and/or take my father in law. I found the Chickahominy Wildlife Management place, but their range is not open to small arms. Are there any other indoor or outdoor ranges in close proximity to Williamsburg. I would rather not travel all the way to VA Beach.

Thanks so much!

Post imported post

The Marksman is in the upper part of Newport News.Its the only one I can think of thats close to you off the top of my head that isn't members only. Address is:

The Marksman
    520 Industrial Park Drive
    Newport News, VA 23608
    Phone: (757) 872-4130

From Williamsburg:
    I-64 East to Exit 250B. Take Fort Eustis Boulevard to Jefferson Avenue and make a right. Continue on Jefferson Avenue East for one mile. Hall Mitsubishi / Pontiac will be on the right. Take a right at Industrial Park Drive and you will see The Marksman on your left.

I was a member for a year a didn't renew. Its an ok range in a pinch/special occassion but not a great value for an annual membership.

Post imported post

I live just down the road in Yorktown - the Colonial Parkway makes a pretty ride!

The club I belong to is Lafayette Gun Club (http://www.4lgc.org) If you are interested in shooting pistol our range is open 24/7 so we could meet in the evening or later - the rifle range is open "during business hours" as long as there is a range officer present to include the weekend.

Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=addr&om=1

Drop me a PM oremail and maybe we can meet up!