• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Broker

hogleg

imported post

Anyone ever bought or sold a gun via this site? I found a nice piece of hardware I want and have an FFL that lives down the street from me. Problems ?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

hogleg wrote:
Anyone ever bought or sold a gun via this site? I found a nice piece of hardware I want and have an FFL that lives down the street from me. Problems ?

I bought a gun from a pawnshop in California through Gunbroker. I had no problems, though the gun I bought was in slightly less the condition that it was advertised as. It was still a good buy.

I think the keys to reducing risk are the lister's feedback record, willingness to communicate before the end of the auction and the kind of guarantee he is willing to offer (i.e., no-fire, return in 3 days).

Clear up any questions before you bid.

Good luck.

hogleg

imported post

ooooohhh man! Shopping for guns at home and picking them up at the neighbors.... I might be in trouble.

jurassicnarc

imported post

I have used their services several times now with excellent results. Thats more than I can say about eBay!

Mainsail

imported post

I picked up a ‘used’ Taurus Model 85 from Gunbroker several years ago. It may have been used, but I doubt it was ever fired much, if at all. I paid $175 plus a transfer fee ($20) so I got it for less than $200. I’ve been turned off by Gunbroker lately because they force you to open an account just to browse. Imagine a gun store doing that! “I’m sorry sir, but if you want to see the gun up close you’re going to have to open an account and give us your personal information."

The other issue I have with Gunbroker is that lately it seems like they’ve gone the pawnshop route. You can buy a used or new gun (sight unseen) for the same or more than you could by just going to your local gun shop.

If you see a gun there that you simply must have, go ahead and buy it. I would suggest dropping by your local gun shop and asking them if they can get you the same gun though, they may be able to beat the price.