• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

E-Mail just recieved from the NRA

Kelly J

imported post

I sent an E-Mail to the NRA and this is the reply I just got.

Thank you for contacting the NRA Membership division.
I have forwarded this to the NRA-ILA for review.
Thank you very much for your support and please feel free to contact us
if you ever need anything else!
Best Regards,
Morgan
NRA Member Communications
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
www.nra.org
E-mail: membership@nrahq.org
Phone: 1(800)672-3888
P.S. If you need to contact us again concerning this, please make sure you include
this and any previous correspondence. Some Internet Providers, such as AOL for example,
automatically cut out previous messages when you reply to a message.
This will help insure a quick answer to your inquiry. Thanks again!
P.P.S. Please visit our online store and check out the newest NRA Fraternal merchandise available!
You can start shopping right now at: http://www.nrastore.com/nra/
Enjoy and thanks again for your support!

-----Original Message-----
From: NRA Auto Responder [mailto:nra.auto-responder@nrahq.org]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 6:10 PM
To: Membership
Subject: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Membership/General Comments

Contact type: Membership/General Comments

Name: Kelly Jarboe
Address: 208 S.E. Kingscross Rd.
City: Blue Springs
State: MO
Zip: 64014-3729
Phone:
E-mail: cobra44@sbcglobal.net
Membership Number: *********
IP Address: 70.244.104.53
Message: I just want to say that I personally am not pleased with the past Compromises that the NRA has entered into. It is long past time for the NRA to go on the Offensive on the Gun Issues instead of sitting back and putting out fires that apear, maybe if you got on the attack there could be a lot more accomplished, Compromises only make the Orgination apear week and unsure of itself.
You are loosig members because of it and if I see one more Compromise you will loose me again.

imported post

If the NRA (negotiate rights away) actually READ his email AND was actually, seriously interested in Kelly's thoughts, they would have ASKED for more information instead of responding with the computer-generated crapola of an answer.

Specific examples would not have been needed to arouse their curiosity.

Translated: the NRA doesn't give a damn about Kelly or any of us. You may as well withdraw now and save your money for bullets, you're going to need them.

compmanio365

imported post

haha....I just got a letter from the NRA asking me to join and offering me a "free NRA duffel bag!".....what a joke, they come across like a timeshare scam company........the NRA is a company, only interested in what's profitable for them, not what's right or what helps us retain our gun rights........I'll be sending a letter back in the prepaid envelope saying "thanks, but I'd rather be a part of a group that protects my gun rights instead of compromising them away. when the NRA is that organization, then I will be glad to join."

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Why didn't you cite specific examples in the e-mail?

Yeah, Kelly J. Why no examples? :uhoh:

If you're gonna make your case, you should, well, make your case.

A general admonition about "past Compromises" doesn't give them much to work on.

Kelly J., can you describe your views on the following:

1. One example issue that NRA has had too much "past Compromises" on.

and

2. How you want "NRA to go on the Offensive on the Gun Issues."

1st freedom

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
If the NRA (negotiate rights away) actually READ his email AND was actually, seriously interested in Kelly's thoughts, they would have ASKED for more information instead of responding with the computer-generated crapola of an answer.

Translated: the NRA doesn't give a damn about Kelly or any of us. You may as well withdraw now and save your money for bullets, you're going to need them.

Kelly got a response from the MEMBERSHIP Division ( thats how I read it). Not the place to pose comments on policyor ask legal questions. they were letting him know that his e-mail was forwarded to the correct division(ILA) that it was intended for.

IfYOU hadactually READ his email you would know that.

1st freedom

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
NRAwrote:
P.P.S. Please visit our online store and check out the newest NRA Fraternal merchandise available!
You can start shopping right now at: http://www.nrastore.com/nra/
Enjoy and thanks again for your support!
Telling.

The e-mail that the above p.p.s. came from was from THE MEMBERSHIP DIVISION, thats where MEMBERS are communicating on issues concering there MEMBERSHIP,

If you go to the VCDL web site do they let you know where you can buy a VCDL hat.

Telling, NO, your dealing with MEMBERS!!!! People that want to buy your stuff :banghead:

Kelly J

imported post

HankT wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

A general admonition about "past Compromises" doesn't give them much to work on.

and

Hank T, With all due respect I am going to say this in response to your Questions:

Answer to Question 1 & 2, You figure it out, I'm not going to play your game!

1st freedom

imported post

The NRA has about 4 million members out of 80 million gun owners.76 million gun owners complain that the NRA wont play hardball with Congress. Therefor they refuse to be members. It seems that 4 million voters dosn't carry enough weight to press our Legislators into voting in favor of our Constitutional Rights,I'll bet 12 or 16 million members would make a hell of impact. Do you disagree?

In short, you complain because they don't carry enough weight, so i'm not going to join and give them more weight. Explain that to me in a way that makes sence. Seems counterproductive to me.
compmanio365 wrote:
haha....I just got a letter from the NRA asking me to join and offering me a "free NRA duffel bag!".....what a joke, they come across like a timeshare scam company........the NRA is a company, only interested in what's profitable for them, not what's right or what helps us retain our gun rights........I'll be sending a letter back in the prepaid envelope saying "thanks, but I'd rather be a part of a group that protects my gun rights instead of compromising them away. when the NRA is that organization, then I will be glad to join."

Kelly J

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:

With all due respect why should I have to tell them what they already know, I did not feel it a necessary thing to do, plain and simple.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

and

Hank T, With all due respect I am going to say this in response to your Questions:

You misunderstand, Kelly J. I've already figured it out.

I was hoping that you might do so too. Alas...

Kelly J

imported post

HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

and

If you have figured it out, then you don't want my input, as it would make no mater what I said, you are the personality that wants to inflict your superior intelligence on us all, so my suggestion,is for you to blow your horn, and bloat your ego, to your hearts content just leave me out of it. As I said earlier I'm not going to play your game.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
HankT wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

and

If you have figured it out, then you don't want my input, as it would make no mater what I said, you are the personality that wants to inflict your superior intelligence on us all, so my suggestion,is for you to blow your horn, and bloat your ego, to your hearts content just leave me out of it. As I said earlier I'm not going to play your game.

Do let us know what the response is that you get from the NRA, Kelly J.

But I'm afraid that they will not be able to satisfy you. You want them to stop their "Compromises" but you won't say what those "Compromises" are. Kind of hard to work with that. So I think they're going to "loose" you "again."

Of course, when you announce your departure from NRA "again" we will all know what you mean by "Compromise."