Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch Time!

Post imported post

I haven't seen a post yet and according to my calendar we should be preparing for an Open Carry Lunch this Sunday September the 16th.

Last time there was some talk of getting together in Lynnwood. I am down with Lynnwood, but I can't say as I am familiar with the restaurants up there.

I have heard that The Rock Wood Fired Pizza is good, but have never been there.

Anyone have any othersuggestions?

-Kevin

edit: I hate this forum software!

Post imported post

The Rock is easily the best pizza in Tacoma, but the music is loud and conversation would be difficult. Lynwood’s is probably just as good. You will likely only be able to converse with the person adjacent to you; you won’t be able to hear someone down at the end of the table at all.

I might be interested, but it depends on what the hiking weather in going to be.

Post imported post

Sure... go to The Rock if you like your pizzas served on a cracker. They make their crusts so thin that it's like unleavened bread or a crisp tortilla. BUT!!!... their burgers are awesome and come on very tastey dense bread, not some flavorless air-filled bun. So, it's a good option, but there's really not a whole lot save for pizza and burgers there. They are a good bargain, though.

It really depends on what people are thinking as to food-tastes. There's just about everything you can think of up in Lynnwood, either around the Alderwood Mall or nearer to "downtown" Lynnwood.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Huh......since I didn't make it to the last lunch, I'll have to be at this one.....where do we want to meet at? If we went to Lynnwood I could saunter up to Everett afterwards and visit the family, go to Sam's gun shop if anyone else was up to go there......sounds good to me.....I don't think I want to go to a place where I can't hold a conversation, kinda negates the purpose of getting together, don't you think?

Lonnie, since that is your neck of the woods, what is a good place to meet at?

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    The Rock is easily the best pizza in Tacoma, but the music is loud and conversation would be difficult. Lynwood’s is probably just as good. You will likely only be able to converse with the person adjacent to you; you won’t be able to hear someone down at the end of the table at all.

I might be interested, but it depends on what the hiking weather in going to be.
    Looks like really good hiking weather with partly cloudy, as long as that weather front doesn't move in 24+ hours early: http://www.nwcn.com/weather/fiveday/seattle.html
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Huh......since I didn't make it to the last lunch, I'll have to be at this one.....where do we want to meet at? If we went to Lynnwood I could saunter up to Everett afterwards and visit the family, go to Sam's gun shop if anyone else was up to go there......sounds good to me.....I don't think I want to go to a place where I can't hold a conversation, kinda negates the purpose of getting together, don't you think?

Lonnie, since that is your neck of the woods, what is a good place to meet at?
    Honestly, I don't recall the music being all that loud last time I went there, but that was at least a year ago, if not longer....

Oh, and companio, Edmonds is between Lynnwood and the Puget Sound. I can sneeze and give someone a cold in Lynnwood. :P
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'm looking forward to making one of these lunches. I'm scheduled for an OT shift that I can't give up on the 16th. Any chance of making it a Saturday 9/15? I'm pretty much up for anything from Skagit to Thurston counties if any time on Saturday. If Sunday, I could do anything south of Seattle after 1800 (6 ish). Twelve hour shifts suck.

Post imported post

The rock in Lynwood is definantly a fine place. I've OC'd their before and never had an issue other than the .. "oh, that's a gun" and some giggling/chatting at the table next to mine

Post imported post

Earlier in the summer we had a meeting at the Round Table Pizza in Redmond (near the Bellevue Sears that is technically in Redmond.)

The location worked well; we were treated nicely and they gave us a whole room to ourselves.

Unless we have some reason for going up to Lynnwood, Round Table made a great location that is certainly worthy of consideration again.

Post imported post

The Rock does have good food, it's a bit noisy and almost always crowded though. If that doesn't work out, there are a bunch of other places in the area like Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Applebee's, Old Spaghetti Factory(my personal favorite), or Denny's. I'm sure there are others in the area but those are the big ones in Lynnwood. I'm hoping I can actually make this one as I'll be in the area Sunday.

Hope to see you all there!!!

Post imported post

Lynnwood would be nice for those of us that live up here. Bellevue would be ok too. It would be nice, anyway.

Alfy's Pizza in Lynnwood on 196th is decent. Good gathering location. I don't know about the pizza, I haven't had it in a few years.

State Researcher

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    Alfy's Pizza in Lynnwood on 196th is decent. Good gathering location. I don't know about the pizza, I haven't had it in a few years.
    I lived in Lynnwood for a few months last year and pop up there now and again, and usually end up ordering Alfy's. Partly because they have a buy one get one free on Monday and Tuesday :celebrateand also because they are a fairly decent pizza. I like the chicken bacon ranch pizza. The regular pizzas can be a bit dry on sauce sometimes though.

Steve

Post imported post

The Rock makes better tasting pizza IMO. The Crazy Train in particular is a must have if you haven't yet.

Also, the half dozen times I've been in there for lunch (weekdays mind you) the music was not loud.
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Post imported post

I've been to the Alfy's here, but it was almost a decade ago. Didn't really like the pizza back then, but they could have changed.

Agreed T-Rav; like I said, I didn't think the music was that loud, but I've only been there on a weekday. I'll stop in today or tomorrow and ask them if the music is usually louder on the weekends. Plus, I'll OC and see if I get any flak from it. A scouting report, as it were.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'm hoping to attend this time (of course, I wanted to attend the last two also...). Lynnwood works, but I like the idea of Round Table in Bellevue better.

Post imported post

Of the three: Round Table, Alfy's, and The Rock; I much prefer The Rock, since the other two are pretty much just pizza and salad. At least The Rock has burgers and a couple other options for those that don't want pizza.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Who, in their right mind, wouldn't want pizza?

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
    Who, in their right mind, wouldn't want pizza?
    Me.

I've been on a low-carb diet for 4.5 years. My father's a Type II diabetic and my late grandmother on my mom's side was also.

Edit: Okay, so I want pizza... but I won't eat pizza.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Would you be open to eating the cardboard serving tray?

Post imported post

Burgers sound better than pizza to me.....because everyone probably can't agree on what type of pizza to get.....we'd be there forever trying to decide....if the place isn't too loud, the rock sounds ok.....I have been meaning to go to the one here in Tacoma, since when I emailed them about the prices they were very reasonable and the person who responded was very friendly.....

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
    Would you be open to eating the cardboard serving tray?
    Indeed! I love a good source of fiber... You're such a generous guy Cue-Ball. *shines your head* :-p
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

underthebridge wrote:
    I'm looking forward to making one of these lunches. I'm scheduled for an OT shift that I can't give up on the 16th. Any chance of making it a Saturday 9/15? I'm pretty much up for anything from Skagit to Thurston counties if any time on Saturday. If Sunday, I could do anything south of Seattle after 1800 (6 ish). Twelve hour shifts suck.

We made it Sunday's because Lonnie has that day off for sure and for certain.

According to the menu they serve more than just pizza at the rock. I don't particularly care where we go, but the rock seems to have a pretty diverse menu.

and after last time and there being no decisions made until the last minute (as if this is so well planned ). I think that we should come to a consensus and go for it.

I vote the rock.

now about a time. How about 1300? does that leave enough time for sleeping in/church/morning hike?

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

The earlier the better for me. I work Sunday afternoons, but would love to attend one of the gatherings.

Lynnwood would be good for me since I work in Canyon Park.... just a hop skip and a jump away.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

The Rock Wood Fired Pizza, Lynnwood, 12PM, September 16th, 2007.

4010 196th St SW
    Lynnwood, WA 98036

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    The Rock Wood Fired Pizza, Lynnwood, 12PM, September 16th, 2007.

4010 196th St SW
    Lynnwood, WA 98036
    Seconded.

Alfy's can be our backup, since it's just down the road two blocks.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast