• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch Time!

metricinch

imported post

underthebridge wrote:
I'm looking forward to making one of these lunches. I'm scheduled for an OT shift that I can't give up on the 16th. Any chance of making it a Saturday 9/15? I'm pretty much up for anything from Skagit to Thurston counties if any time on Saturday. If Sunday, I could do anything south of Seattle after 1800 (6 ish). Twelve hour shifts suck.

We made it Sunday's because Lonnie has that day off for sure and for certain.

According to the menu they serve more than just pizza at the rock. I don't particularly care where we go, but the rock seems to have a pretty diverse menu.

and after last time and there being no decisions made until the last minute (as if this is so well planned ;)). I think that we should come to a consensus and go for it.

I vote the rock.

now about a time. How about 1300? does that leave enough time for sleeping in/church/morning hike?

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The earlier the better for me. I work Sunday afternoons, but would love to attend one of the gatherings.

Lynnwood would be good for me since I work in Canyon Park.... just a hop skip and a jump away.

joshmmm

imported post

Would anyone be opposed to doing dinners in the future...especially if we did them during the week when everyone doesn't already have plans?

I was really planning to attend this Sunday (since I amfinally in townduring a gathering)but I forgot that we are hosting a small Seahawks party on Sunday afternoon at my house... darn...

larz

imported post

I won't be able to make it this time, I've been up since like 6pm yesterday and working from midnight-8am. Hopefully someone takes up the token asian role this time ;)

just_a_car

imported post

larz wrote:
I won't be able to make it this time, I've been up since like 6pm yesterday and working from midnight-8am. Hopefully someone takes up the token asian role this time ;)
ROFL!... We can only hope. Honestly, I'd love to see more "minorities" (as described by the gov't) OC'ing to shirk the stereotypes that all minorities are into illegal firearms activities if they get involved with it at all.

Mainsail

imported post

Now, is everyone showing up at noon, or is it going to be like last time and noon means 1pm?

I’ll be there at 11am to meet RWW. We’ll prolly be eating when you all show up.

just_a_car

imported post

I'll probably be there right around noon. I live about 15 minutes away (via side-streets, due to traffic lights) but will be out late (like every weekend night) until around between 3 and 6am, depending on if I go hang out with friends after the event.

compmanio365

imported post

Guys......looks like I won't be there again this time.....my wife's car recently died a horrible death and I've been searching all week for a new one for her to be able to get to work and back. Just found one yesterday, so today I have to go in and pay for it and have her drive it back home so she can keep her job.....plus I wasted all my gas going all the way up to Everett and back just to look at a car that was "really great!!!!!11!!" just to find out it smoked, power seat didn't work, speedometer was broken, power locks didn't work quite right.....and it was a Ford Taurus, so I'm sure we would have replaced the transmission after about oh....2 miles. So I'm out of gas and have no time......sorry but I hope to make it to the next one.......

expvideo

imported post

I really wanted to make this one, sorry I missed out. This was the last weekend that was practical for me to take my little brother to the Puyallup Fair. If you haven't been to the fair yetand are planning on going, make sure to swing by the republican straw poll and support your rights by casting a vote for Ron Paul! (ok, I'm done advertising) Anyway, I really wanted to show up, but this kind of sprung on me at the last moment. Sorry guys.

metricinch

imported post

well the food was good, as was the service. The lady at the front knew right where to sit me as we were all wearing the same accesories.

I only got funny looks from the women that were sitting in the table against the windows, and even then, they weren't screaming or anything.

We didn't talk about where we would like to meet next month though. Guess we will just have to hash it out when the time comes.