Thread: Seattle Library and Parks with "No Guns" signs....

State Researcher

Post imported post

Last time I was in Seattle, noticed the main branch library and the little park by the courthouse as well as a couple of others were posted with "no firearms" signs. Keep hoping for someone to notice the bulge under my shirt in the park and arrest me. I could use the money!!! (just kidding here) Pretty sure the library can't keep guns out though.

Haven't OC'd in Seattle as I haven't been there in a while, but do it whenever I can in Oly. Rather liberating. Besides I dont' have enough really long shirts to hide all the time :-)

Steve

Post imported post

Why would you have a bulge under your shirt?

If you think OC is liberating in Olympia, do it on the Seattle waterfront where it's 95% tourists.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:

If you think OC is liberating in Olympia, do it on the Seattle waterfront where it's 95% tourists.
    Try Pike Place Market. Did that a few months ago.

Post imported post

Greenlake park is a little more ambiguous. Their sign says "no weapons" and makes no references to firearms, however I'm sure people will assume so. I'veemailed the Seattle Parks office many times in the past asking them to change the sign to "no illegal weapons" due to state preemption. But I never got a response and the sign is still there. Oh well.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:

Will OC downtown seattle when I go there again. In the library I always cover up because I am not in the mood to get disturbed by freaky patrons/security guards/or whatever. Sounds chicken I suppose... but have never OC'd in a library anywhere. Nor do I OC when shopping in stores thatI also work in as a vendor.

Steve

Post imported post

All these signs posted in Seattle pre-date State Preemption. Those that paint and replace them don't check to see if there has been any change in the law(s) before they go out and post/replace one.

Doesn't matter what the sign says, STATE LAW says the City or County can't pass any law more restrictive than State Law. State Law doesn't prevent carry in these places so ignore and proceed.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"