• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Library and Parks with "No Guns" signs....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Last time I was in Seattle, noticed the main branch library and the little park by the courthouse as well as a couple of others were posted with "no firearms" signs. Keep hoping for someone to notice the bulge under my shirt in the park and arrest me. I could use the money!!! (just kidding here) Pretty sure the library can't keep guns out though.

Haven't OC'd in Seattle as I haven't been there in a while, but do it whenever I can in Oly. Rather liberating. Besides I dont' have enough really long shirts to hide all the time :)

Steve

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
Why would you have a bulge under your shirt?

If you think OC is liberating in Olympia, do it on the Seattle waterfront where it's 95% tourists. :)
Try Pike Place Market. Did that a few months ago.

jchen012

imported post

Greenlake park is a little more ambiguous. Their sign says "no weapons" and makes no references to firearms, however I'm sure people will assume so. I'veemailed the Seattle Parks office many times in the past asking them to change the sign to "no illegal weapons" due to state preemption. But I never got a response and the sign is still there. Oh well.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
Why would you have a bulge under your shirt?

If you think OC is liberating in Olympia, do it on the Seattle waterfront where it's 95% tourists. :)

Will OC downtown seattle when I go there again. In the library I always cover up because I am not in the mood to get disturbed by freaky patrons/security guards/or whatever. Sounds chicken I suppose... but have never OC'd in a library anywhere. Nor do I OC when shopping in stores thatI also work in as a vendor.

Steve

amlevin

imported post

All these signs posted in Seattle pre-date State Preemption. Those that paint and replace them don't check to see if there has been any change in the law(s) before they go out and post/replace one.

Doesn't matter what the sign says, STATE LAW says the City or County can't pass any law more restrictive than State Law. State Law doesn't prevent carry in these places so ignore and proceed.