Thread: OC firstimer

State Researcher

Post imported post

I have had my permit for about a year and I have always caried concealed. After finding this forum and reading some the OC stories I decided to excersize my permit right. I first went to Fazolis to eat with my wife, a few strange looks from the manager at the register and a few looks from some goth kids in the dining area but no real cause for alarm. no one seemed nervous suspicious or weirded out. Next I went to books-a-million to purchase the latest copy of guns and ammo, and pretty much the same reaction. I will continue to carry open and see how things go. I want to thank everyone who has commented on this forum. We all need to fight for our rights.

Post imported post

tnshooter wrote:
    I have had my permit for about a year and I have always caried concealed. After finding this forum and reading some the OC stories I decided to excersize my permith right. I first went to Fazolis to eat with my wife, a few strange looks from the manager at the register and a few looks from some goth kids in the dining area but no real cause for alarm. no one seemed nervous suspicious or weirded out. Next I went to books-a-million to purchase the latest copy of guns and ammo, and pretty much the same reaction. I will continue to carry open and see how things go. I want to thank everyone who has commented on this forum. We all need to fight for our rights.
    Welcome aboard

We are glad you found us. Any Q's and we all are ALWAYS happy to help you.

Carry on...

Carry on ...

Carry on.

Post imported post

Just walk around like you own the place. Look people in the eye and dont fidget.

They will think your some kind of LEO and steer clear of you. hahaha

Post imported post

That is VERY true. Show confidence. Not too much but enough so that you don't seem cocky. Smile and show a friendly attitude. Be the Best Friend you would want to have.

It's amazing how well this "disarms" people.

Post imported post

Ss wrote:
    Just walk around like you own the place. Look people in the eye and dont fidget.

They will think your some kind of LEO and steer clear of you. hahaha
    And you might get a LEO discount...happens to me sometimes....or is it because I am so old and have so much grey hair and it's a senior citizen's discount:what:

Post imported post

Yeah, same boat, just starting to OC, and still can't believe it is legal with a CCW permit in TN... I was as weirded as anybody in the BK or where ever it was.... I so don't want to be, act like, or imperonate any LEO, so I think that's why I am a tic creeped... it's getting better though. The biggest thing is that one needs to act like he/she is supposed to be there and allowed to have it on the ole hip. Darty and figity would be bad..... I can't believe it's legal even after reading all of this forum info. Cleveland, that's where my family is from....

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

You do not have a CCW permit. In Tennessee it says very plainly on the front that it is a handgun carry permit.