• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC firstimer

tnshooter

State Researcher
imported post

I have had my permit for about a year and I have always caried concealed. After finding this forum and reading some the OC stories I decided to excersize my permit right. I first went to Fazolis to eat with my wife, a few strange looks from the manager at the register and a few looks from some goth kids in the dining area but no real cause for alarm. no one seemed nervous suspicious or weirded out. Next I went to books-a-million to purchase the latest copy of guns and ammo, and pretty much the same reaction. I will continue to carry open and see how things go. I want to thank everyone who has commented on this forum. We all need to fight for our rights.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tnshooter wrote:
I have had my permit for about a year and I have always caried concealed. After finding this forum and reading some the OC stories I decided to excersize my permith right. I first went to Fazolis to eat with my wife, a few strange looks from the manager at the register and a few looks from some goth kids in the dining area but no real cause for alarm. no one seemed nervous suspicious or weirded out. Next I went to books-a-million to purchase the latest copy of guns and ammo, and pretty much the same reaction. I will continue to carry open and see how things go. I want to thank everyone who has commented on this forum. We all need to fight for our rights.

Welcome aboard:D

We are glad you found us. Any Q's and we all are ALWAYS happy to help you.

Carry on...

Carry on ...

Carry on.

Ss

imported post

Just walk around like you own the place. Look people in the eye and dont fidget.

They will think your some kind of LEO and steer clear of you. hahaha

UTOC-45-44

imported post

That is VERY true. Show confidence. Not too much but enough so that you don't seem cocky. Smile and show a friendly attitude. Be the Best Friend you would want to have.

It's amazing how well this "disarms" people.

blk

imported post

Ss wrote:
Just walk around like you own the place. Look people in the eye and dont fidget.

They will think your some kind of LEO and steer clear of you. hahaha
And you might get a LEO discount...happens to me sometimes....or is it because I am so old and have so much grey hair and it's a senior citizen's discount:what:

peanut

imported post

Yeah, same boat, just starting to OC, and still can't believe it is legal with a CCW permit in TN... I was as weirded as anybody in the BK or where ever it was.... I so don't want to be, act like, or imperonate any LEO, so I think that's why I am a tic creeped... it's getting better though. The biggest thing is that one needs to act like he/she is supposed to be there and allowed to have it on the ole hip. Darty and figity would be bad..... I can't believe it's legal even after reading all of this forum info. Cleveland, that's where my family is from....

TnPapa

Opt-Out Members
imported post

You do not have a CCW permit. In Tennessee it says very plainly on the front that it is a handgun carry permit.