• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Siders

fetch

imported post

Hello All,
I am newer to this board, but have been reading for some time. From most of the posts it is clear that the west side is more active on this board. There are many issues in Spokane that need addressing but I need to hook up with people in the area. I walk downtown almost every day and have never seen anyone open carry. I would like to get something started since we have a new police chief Ann Kirkpatrick from the west side. Any thoughts on the subject?

just_a_car

imported post

Welcome Fetch. I know we have a few East-siders here on the board and, more specifically, Spokaners.

I know they've tried to get some get-togethers worked-up, but I'm not aware if they've been successful.

j2l3

imported post

Chief Kirkpatrick isn't stictly a "Westsider". I believe she was chief in Ellensburg for a while too. Also a lawyer.I know people on here don't advocate asking the police questions on OC but I would be interested in her take on it. I've seen her give seminars on various topics and she is a pretty bright person and has a good head on her shoulders.

Couldn't hurt to shoot her a letter or ask for a meeting.

fetch

imported post

Thanks for the replies.
The Spokesman Review wrote up an article on her. It was most favorable. It will be interesting to get her take on oc. Though she did inherit a, lately, iffy police force. Lots of things going on, no oversight.
Again, anyone in eastern Wa. that wants to work together let me know.

Phssthpok

imported post

I'm actually visiting teh Spokane area this weekend, and it just so happens that I forgot my belt at home. So it looks like first thing tomorrow morning I'm hitting Wally world (on the eastside near I-90) to get me new belt.

We'll see how they react to'mexican' carry going in, and belt carry coming out of the dressing room.

Actually I'll probably have to holster wedged in my jeans on the side as opposed to 'true' mexi-carry, but the idea still stands.....I sure as hell ain't leaving my gun in the car!