• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Board - how to get the word out?

Boat Guy

imported post

Folks,

I've just joined. Currently serving overseas but was semi-active in VCDL before leaving CONUS. Been gone formost of the last fiveyears now.

A friend used to refer to open-carry events - especially in restaurants - as "outreach programs" and they certainly were.

T'any rate, I was back in VA on temporary duty and as it was my first time back in the states since receiving my German "WaffenBesiztKarte" I decided to pick up a couple of the handguns that are "allowed" on my German permit. Since my VA CCW expired sometime in 03, I decided to openly wear my SIG 226 in a handy Fobus paddle. Stopped at an Arby's outside Fredricksburg to grab a bite before heading back to Sodom-on-Potomac. Glances (at me) and friendly greetings (from me)were the order of the day.

Was nice to be "home" again...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome aboard! You could help get the word out by telling your military friends about us, for starters. There are plenty of active duty and former military folks on the board, esp. in VA.

Of course, you could help spread the word by having some OC dinners in Germany.:uhoh:

Just kidding; I'm sure your WaffenBesitzKarte would quickly be replaced by a GefangenerIdentifizierung (prisoner ID)!

Just for kicks, tell us what pistols would be premitted to you over there, and how would you be able to carry or use them?

Boat Guy

imported post

Thanks!

For kicks I have my SIG 226, S&W 625 and a SIG 232 (purchased here). I am "allowed" to put these in locked cases in my locked trunk to drive to the Schutzenhaus. I also didn't mention that not only must they be clear in the case, there cannot be any ammo in the case as well, something I nearly learned the really hard way when I brought the 625 in starting my previous tour in 98.

The 625 was always great for OC: I used to shoot on Friday nights with some VCDL folks and we would go out to eat afterwards. Since I carry wheel guns crossdraw that big ol sixgun was really "out there".

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Boat Guy wrote:
Thanks!

For kicks I have my SIG 226, S&W 625 and a SIG 232 (purchased here)...

The 625 was always great for OC: I used to shoot on Friday nights with some VCDL folks and we would go out to eat afterwards. Since I carry wheel guns crossdraw that big ol sixgun was really "out there".

Whoa, a N-frame in a cross-draw. Nice. Four, 5or 6 inch barrel?

There's only one thing nicer than carrying a S&W 625. A S&W 25... :D

Marco

imported post

S&W
attachment.php
:?

Boat Guy

imported post

The 625 is 5" so yeah, "out there".

I have acquired since (but do not have in Eurabia since one is only allowed a certain number of each type) :

S&W Thunder Ranch Model 22 (4" blued) Clint Smith rocks!

S&W PC "Jerry Miculuk" 625 4" (stainless)

S&W Mod 27 5" (I'm a Skeeter Skelton fan from way back)

Usual carry (was) in the crossdraw with 2 spare full clips in the stainless "shoot the moon" holders available (last I heard) from Dillon

I'd gladly add a 3" or 4" 57 and 4" 610 (just missed a 610on sale at abscenely good price a couple of years ago). My preferred auto is a Colt Delta.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Boat Guy wrote:
(SNIP)S&W PC "Jerry Miculuk" 625 4" (stainless)(/SNIP)
:shock: *jaw drops* niiiiiiiiiiiice

Thats my dads dream firearm....I'd love to be able to afford to get it for him one day.

Welcome to the board, glad you heard about us. I'd love it if some people would draw up some apparrel designs and what-not to support the board...

EDIT: I just remebered we have OCDO T-shirts, I just prefer styles with a logo on the back.

Boat Guy

imported post

Found two in a shop in flyover country. They're out there. Gave $800-ish for one without a second thought. Wish I coulda bought both