Post imported post

Post imported post

Another reason why I love Ted

Post imported post

Its nice to see a celebrity who actually has their head on straight

Post imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
    Well, a few on this board will argue that Ted is too crazy to be allowed to promote 2A rights... apparently because it will offend the anti's.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Ghettokracker71 wrote:
    Well, a few on this board will argue that Ted is too crazy to be allowed to promote 2A rights... apparently because it will offend the anti's.
    Everything offends the antis lol

Post imported post

Great interview. I Love it & agree 100%.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

"I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!"

Ted Nugent is an interesting one. I'm glad to see at least one celeb supporting my 2A rights, even if Illinois takes them away from me. :/

Post imported post

Head on straight?

Check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3PriJ31M70

Don't think you need to be an "anti" to find the "Motor City Madman's" suggestion that some of our presidential candidates "suck on" his machine gun more than slightly weird.

Great that he's into freedom and all, but we might be better off if he concentrated on the axe.

donk

Post imported post

Hmmm never hear anyone saying to the totally off the rocker lying wind bag anti gunners thatthey are "to offensive to be anti gun". Making up lies and mis-stating the facts all the time. We need someone a bit more honest andlevel headed to take all the guns away from folks. (Sarcasm Font)

He is speaking to those who listen to him and they don't care if he is offensive. He is not going to make someone who is pro gun turn anti because of what he is saying.

Post imported post

hogleg wrote:
    He is speaking to those who listen to him and they don't care if he is offensive. He is not going to make someone who is pro gun turn anti because of what he is saying.
    I think the problem most pro-gun people have is that he may be making it harder to get anti's to turn pro.

Post imported post

Never met an "anti" that ended up liking guns no matter what was said. I have met plenty that before I talked to didn't care either way until I took them shooting.

Most that don't care will still not care. Anti's will be Anti's, pro's will be :celebrate.

So does it help? maybe not. Does it hurt?I doubt it. does it get the pro's excited? probably.......That's all.

Post imported post

Ummm OK: Does this video get you excited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYyH...ted&search=

Uncle Ted has certainly had more thrilling guitar moments, and (I would argue)the lyricism of "Kiss My Glock" could use some improvement.

On the other hand, so could "Kat Scratch Fever" . . . .

The more interesting part is the video ofthe Tedsterpracticing with the Uzi at the tail end of the concert footage:

Good shooting!

And then around 4:30 - after he's knocked'em all down - he points the firearmupward -- apparently with a round in the chamber-- without engaging the safety, endangering his posse and his well sculpted chin.:what:

This places the first video in context: I wonder: has he checked the chambers on those AR15s before waiving them around in a concert and inviting the Guvenator and Barak to "suck on" it?

This is our NRA Poster Child for gun safety and responsible firearms ownership?

No.

Stuff like this worries people on the fence. Ted is less dangerous with a stratocaster in his hands.

Donk

Post imported post

if ted loves america and his guns so much why didnt he pick one up when he was called for duty during war time instead of dodging the draft---

He explained that he did not go to Vietnam because he had a 1 year student deferment. When questioned, he admitted that he had "not wanted to get his ass blown off in Vietnam," but made note of a tour he made with the USO in 2004 to Fallujah and Afghanistan as support of his assertion that "I am not a coward." He also said that "Because I failed to serve in Vietnam, I feel an obligation now, to do everything I can to support those defending our freedom. Do I feel guilt and embarrassment? Yes."

sounds like underneath all the talk and onstage posturing ol teddy is really a coward

Post imported post

Not wanting to die for an unjust cause doesn't make a person a coward. I'm not a big fan of the way Ted tries to get across his point, but I certainly wouldn't look down upon him for refusing to fight in an illegal war. The draft goes against everything this country stands for. Every person is the master of their own life. By initiating a draft (and going along with it) we are conceding that we belong to the government and must do as they say.

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
    Not wanting to die for an unjust cause doesn't make a person a coward. I'm not a big fan of the way Ted tries to get across his point, but I certainly wouldn't look down upon him for refusing to fight in an illegal war. The draft goes against everything this country stands for. Every person is the master of their own life. By initiating a draft (and going along with it) we are conceding that we belong to the government and must do as they say.
    my reference to ted being a coward is in response to him saying he "didnt want to get his ass blown off" but still waving his gun around posturing like he is ready 24/7 to use his guns....there are many who would say we are presently engaged in an illegal war that ted has no problem with and openly supports

Post imported post

I see. I don't really want to get my ass blown off, but I wouldn't consider myself a coward. Certain things are worth dying for. I don't think Vietnam or Iraq fall into that category. But, I certainly understand your view on Mr. Nugent's "posturing".

I'm unaware of Ted's stance on the current "war". I know he visited the troops in Iraq, but don't know if he supports the war itself or not. As a rule, I don't generally go out of my way to determine the political viewpoints of rock stars.

State Researcher

Post imported post

...my reference to ted being a coward is in response to him saying he "didnt want to get his ass blown off" ...
    I don't want to get my ass blown off, either. Am I weird???

This video is actually the first I've seen of Ted Nugent expressing his views. With this being my ONLY reference, I'd have to say he seems a little off his rocker. He is absolutely right, but the speech he gave was rather violent and melodramatic. He makes good points, but his choice of words, I'm sure, causes many people to roll their eyes at him. He sounds like he's rambling as he goes off about tyrants and such.

I didn't hear him say anything that I don't agree with, though, and he is absolutely free to communicate his beliefs however he wishes. I can see how some might think that his way of communicating is not very effective.

Post imported post

I have this vision ... of sometime in 2010..a year and a half-into the Clinton-Obama adminstration....the Senate has just approved (56-40) a resumption of the assault weapon "ban" legislation that was first introduced and passed in the House...maybe with a few new tweaks in the regulations....there has been a big fight, of course, over the passage...now it's over...the media is interviewing everyone in sight....mostly Democrats....at the White House.....President Clinton (ouch) ....VP Obama....Sen. Boxer...Rep. Feinstein....are lined up in the oval office....they are doing dance steps....to the left...to the right....they are singing....and so are all the staffers....the reporters too...President Hilly shrilly screams into the microphone....ANDWE'RENOTGONNATAKEITANYLONGER!!HEY TED! SIT ON THIS! YOU WORTHLESS SUM'BITCH!!

Obama leans over to the mike and shouts....Yeah! This is a shout out to the 'Nuge the Texas transplant piece of ****....SUCK ON THIS TED!!!!!

Everyone is cheering...and laughing...

In the background,barely seen....is wily Big Dog Bill Clinton. He is on the phone....talking to the chief of the SS....Now you know what I want, I don't want any screwups....you go visit that boy and give him this message: remember Vince Foster, 'Nuge? Well, it can happen again, my friend. It can happen, again...you understand what I want, chief? The chief nods and says, "Yes, Mr. President...."

Meanwhile, in Missouri,watching this all on television, Kelley J is sitting on the couch and fuming. He declares: "I can't take it any more! The DMAN NRA--COMPROMISED OUR RIGHTS AWAY AGAIN!!!!"

State Researcher

Post imported post

What the hell are you talk about?! Shut up!!

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    You've been on this forum this long and haven't learned not to read HankT's posts without being under the influence of stupidity?

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    lmao!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    You've been on this forum this long and haven't learned not to read HankT's posts without being under the influence of stupidity?
    No, I figured that out a while ago. He still needs to shut up. There's no other option left!

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    No, I figured that out a while ago. He still needs to shut up. There's no other option left!
    But wait, asking him to shut up is too extreme. It might offend the people who don't want him to shut up. We should, instead, allow him an arbitrary number of stupid remarks per day. I'll negotiate the exact number. Now, everyone give me money so I can do this, but take note that I will not be compromising. I'll just give up some terms here and some terms there... But it's not compromise! As a matter of fact, you should all thank me for his restraint in making annoying remarks. Oh, and make sure to give me money.

:celebrate

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Shut up!!
    You seem to be agitated... short tempered. Irritable. Discontent.

Here, take these...

... and call Dutch Uncle in the morning. Maybe he can squeeze you in....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast