• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent on youtube

LaneAtomic

imported post

"I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!"

Ted Nugent is an interesting one. I'm glad to see at least one celeb supporting my 2A rights, even if Illinois takes them away from me. :/

The Donkster

imported post

Head on straight?

Check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3PriJ31M70

Don't think you need to be an "anti" to find the "Motor City Madman's" suggestion that some of our presidential candidates "suck on" his machine gun more than slightly weird.

Great that he's into freedom and all, but we might be better off if he concentrated on the axe.

donk

hogleg

imported post

Hmmm never hear anyone saying to the totally off the rocker lying wind bag anti gunners thatthey are "to offensive to be anti gun". Making up lies and mis-stating the facts all the time. We need someone a bit more honest andlevel headed to take all the guns away from folks.;) (Sarcasm Font)

He is speaking to those who listen to him and they don't care if he is offensive. He is not going to make someone who is pro gun turn anti because of what he is saying.

FogRider

imported post

hogleg wrote:
He is speaking to those who listen to him and they don't care if he is offensive. He is not going to make someone who is pro gun turn anti because of what he is saying.

I think the problem most pro-gun people have is that he may be making it harder to get anti's to turn pro.

hogleg

imported post

Never met an "anti" that ended up liking guns no matter what was said. I have met plenty that before I talked to didn't care either way until I took them shooting. :)

Most that don't care will still not care. Anti's will be Anti's, pro's will be :celebrate.

So does it help? maybe not. Does it hurt?I doubt it. does it get the pro's excited? probably.......That's all.

The Donkster

imported post

Ummm OK: Does this video get you excited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYyHNgeFA8&mode=related&search=

Uncle Ted has certainly had more thrilling guitar moments, and (I would argue)the lyricism of "Kiss My Glock" could use some improvement.

On the other hand, so could "Kat Scratch Fever" . . . .

The more interesting part is the video ofthe Tedsterpracticing with the Uzi at the tail end of the concert footage:

Good shooting!

And then around 4:30 - after he's knocked'em all down - he points the firearmupward -- apparently with a round in the chamber-- without engaging the safety, endangering his posse and his well sculpted chin.:what:

This places the first video in context: I wonder: has he checked the chambers on those AR15s before waiving them around in a concert and inviting the Guvenator and Barak to "suck on" it?

This is our NRA Poster Child for gun safety and responsible firearms ownership?:banghead:

No.

Stuff like this worries people on the fence. Ted is less dangerous with a stratocaster in his hands.

Donk

dkd

imported post

if ted loves america and his guns so much why didnt he pick one up when he was called for duty during war time instead of dodging the draft---

He explained that he did not go to Vietnam because he had a 1 year student deferment. When questioned, he admitted that he had "not wanted to get his ass blown off in Vietnam," but made note of a tour he made with the USO in 2004 to Fallujah and Afghanistan as support of his assertion that "I am not a coward." He also said that "Because I failed to serve in Vietnam, I feel an obligation now, to do everything I can to support those defending our freedom. Do I feel guilt and embarrassment? Yes."

sounds like underneath all the talk and onstage posturing ol teddy is really a coward

Cue-Ball

imported post

Not wanting to die for an unjust cause doesn't make a person a coward. I'm not a big fan of the way Ted tries to get across his point, but I certainly wouldn't look down upon him for refusing to fight in an illegal war. The draft goes against everything this country stands for. Every person is the master of their own life. By initiating a draft (and going along with it) we are conceding that we belong to the government and must do as they say.

dkd

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
Not wanting to die for an unjust cause doesn't make a person a coward. I'm not a big fan of the way Ted tries to get across his point, but I certainly wouldn't look down upon him for refusing to fight in an illegal war. The draft goes against everything this country stands for. Every person is the master of their own life. By initiating a draft (and going along with it) we are conceding that we belong to the government and must do as they say.
my reference to ted being a coward is in response to him saying he "didnt want to get his ass blown off" but still waving his gun around posturing like he is ready 24/7 to use his guns....there are many who would say we are presently engaged in an illegal war that ted has no problem with and openly supports

Cue-Ball

imported post

I see. I don't really want to get my ass blown off, but I wouldn't consider myself a coward. Certain things are worth dying for. I don't think Vietnam or Iraq fall into that category. But, I certainly understand your view on Mr. Nugent's "posturing".

I'm unaware of Ted's stance on the current "war". I know he visited the troops in Iraq, but don't know if he supports the war itself or not. As a rule, I don't generally go out of my way to determine the political viewpoints of rock stars. ;)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

...my reference to ted being a coward is in response to him saying he "didnt want to get his ass blown off" ...
I don't want to get my ass blown off, either. Am I weird??? :D

This video is actually the first I've seen of Ted Nugent expressing his views. With this being my ONLY reference, I'd have to say he seems a little off his rocker. He is absolutely right, but the speech he gave was rather violent and melodramatic. He makes good points, but his choice of words, I'm sure, causes many people to roll their eyes at him. He sounds like he's rambling as he goes off about tyrants and such.

I didn't hear him say anything that I don't agree with, though, and he is absolutely free to communicate his beliefs however he wishes. I can see how some might think that his way of communicating is not very effective.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I have this vision ... of sometime in 2010..a year and a half-into the Clinton-Obama adminstration....the Senate has just approved (56-40) a resumption of the assault weapon "ban" legislation that was first introduced and passed in the House...maybe with a few new tweaks in the regulations....there has been a big fight, of course, over the passage...now it's over...the media is interviewing everyone in sight....mostly Democrats....at the White House.....President Clinton (ouch) ....VP Obama....Sen. Boxer...Rep. Feinstein....are lined up in the oval office....they are doing dance steps....to the left...to the right....they are singing....and so are all the staffers....the reporters too...President Hilly shrilly screams into the microphone....ANDWE'RENOTGONNATAKEITANYLONGER!!HEY TED! SIT ON THIS! YOU WORTHLESS SUM'BITCH!!

Obama leans over to the mike and shouts....Yeah! This is a shout out to the 'Nuge the Texas transplant piece of shit....SUCK ON THIS TED!!!!!

Everyone is cheering...and laughing...

In the background,barely seen....is wily Big Dog Bill Clinton. He is on the phone....talking to the chief of the SS....Now you know what I want, I don't want any screwups....you go visit that boy and give him this message: remember Vince Foster, 'Nuge? Well, it can happen again, my friend. It can happen, again...you understand what I want, chief? The chief nods and says, "Yes, Mr. President...."

Meanwhile, in Missouri,watching this all on television, Kelley J is sitting on the couch and fuming. He declares: "I can't take it any more! The DMAN NRA--COMPROMISED OUR RIGHTS AWAY AGAIN!!!!"