• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to the hampton convention center gun show?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Me and my brother will be going to the show saturday. We'll probably be there at about 3:00, I have to work till 2:30. I'll be wearing an advance auto parts red shirt and probably hat. See you guys there.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The show was good. I bought a bipod for my AR15. My bro picked up a Kahr 45 for about $420 I believe. I saw Ron and Jean there and a few others.

ronb5538

imported post

I went to the show yesterday. It seemed that everything was priced at, or higher than, retail.

Georgia Arms had 100 9mm rounds for $18.45. Wal-Mart, and Bass Pro sell them for 3 or 4 dollars less than that every day. I asked the sales guy about it and his only reply was to raise both arms up in the air as if to say 'What-ever'.

vtme_grad98

imported post

ronb5538 wrote:
I went to the show yesterday. It seemed that everything was priced at, or higher than, retail.

Georgia Arms had 100 9mm rounds for $18.45. Wal-Mart, and Bass Pro sell them for 3 or 4 dollars less than that every day. I asked the sales guy about it and his only reply was to raise both arms up in the air as if to say 'What-ever'.
The same can be said about anything else that is also available at Walmart. It's hardly fair to compare their prices to Walmart, as opposed to the gun stores around here.

glocknroll

imported post

ronb5538 wrote:

Georgia Arms has some pretty good ammo deals, too. I got 100 rds. of 125 gr. Gold Dot loaded in new Starline brass at 1400 fps (.357 SIG) for 17.25 per 50 + tax. I have paid more than that (17.25) for 20rd boxes of CCI Gold Dot before.

Maybe this belongs in another thread, but I have a question:

This a GUN show. VCDL and NRA both have recruiting tables. It is held on public property. We all bitch about Wal Mart, but nobody has yet complained about the restriction on carrying at the gun show. At the entrance, there is a table with a big sign over it stating "All guns must be checked and tied". They put a zip tie through the gun to render it inoperable. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this?

Knowing that they can't enforce this rule, but not wanting to cause a scene (I can see the headline:"Ruckus at gun show"), I just cc'ed my S&W 642, 2 speedloaders and my Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder in the pockets of my cargo shorts.

Any comments?

JeffersonDavis

imported post

I ALWAYS conceal at gun shows. If I buy something then I am a target in the parking lot. Never check in the CW...OC although completely legal is not encouraged. Theguy in chargeof Southeastern Gun and Knife a few years back in the coliseum asked my friend to disarm or leave ......My buddy was not pleased that a security guard was telling him to disarm in a municipal building and it was getting pretty heated. The police were called and they said it was legal.......The event coordinator begged him to disarm or leave. He just didn't want a scene and I don't blame him. My friend after a few tense arguments agreed to disarm and enter for free.

glocknroll

imported post

What are we going to do when the mainstream press gets ahold of this inconsistency? We insist on carrying at Bay Days, Harborfest, and on the street in front of a bank, but not a at a gun show?

I am not challenging Danbus or Renegade. I believe that they were both right. So why do we choose to be disarmed at a gun show? I think I'll start a new thread on this, just so we can toss this back and forth.

glocknroll

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Me and my brother will be going to the show saturday. We'll probably be there at about 3:00, I have to work till 2:30. I'll be wearing an advance auto parts red shirt and probably hat. See you guys there.
Is that the Advance Auto at Todd Center? I've seen an employee there wearing a VCDL hat.

Eeyore

imported post

Wow, small world. I was at both that Advance shop and the show on Sunday afternoon.

I was casually shopping for a mag loader, a mag holder, and maybe some ammo. I saw the 9mm at Georgia Arms--considering it was JHP and not ball ammo, that was a good price IMHO (although I didn't need 100 hollowpoints).

I ended up buying some spent brass in various sizes to put in my Afghanistan shadow box (I wasn't allowed too bring my own casings back:X) and a pack of targets.

I was carrying my Taurus, which I let them tie, to size some holsters. One practical reason that i can see for insisting thatall weapons are unloaded and tied is that it prevents people from stealing or switching ammo--theoretically, at least. That, adn in the incredibly unlikely event that something does go down, it would be a god-awful mess sorting out the gun-toting bad guy(s) from the gun-toting good guys. Just my $0.02.