• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus Model #4510 Tracker 45/410

VAspringer

imported post

I currently own 2 Taurus handguns (along with several other makes) and am very pleased with Taurus.

I'm considering purchasing the Tracker#4510 .45/410 for my collection. Would appreciated hearing from anyone with hands on experience with this gun. I've handled it several times at my local gun shop (has a nice feel) .....but how does it shoot?

Not sure if I should go for the 3" or 6 1/2" barrel, blue or stainless etc....

Just an FYI, I'm not a novice or newbie to shooting and guns. I have a "permit" and have been "carrying" for many years.

Am interested in feedback on recoil, accuracy, reliability etc.....

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Great feedback, NavyLT. My grandfather has been looking at getting one, but was concerned that he wouldn't be able to handle the kick. He is not frail by any means, but he isn't in as good of health as he used to be, either. He can still handle a 45, so I think he'll be okay shooting that Tarus.

VAspringer

imported post

Lt.

Ok.....thanks again. BTW I have a great S&W #686 - 8 3/8" barrel 357 magnum, adjustable sights etc.....that I love to shoot. Extremely accurate ..even up to 50ft.

So??? Is the 3" Taurus #4510 another "toy" I should consider? sounds like fun.

I'm really just looking for something different to add to the collection. :cool:

BTW.....whatdo you use for a holster for the 3" :question:

Mike

tarzan1888

imported post

VAspringer wrote:
I currently own 2 Taurus handguns (along with several other makes) and am very pleased with Taurus.

I'm considering purchasing the Tracker#4510 .45/410 for my collection. Would appreciated hearing from anyone with hands on experience with this gun. I've handled it several times at my local gun shop (has a nice feel) .....but how does it shoot?

Not sure if I should go for the 3" or 6 1/2" barrel, blue or stainless etc....

Just an FYI, I'm not a novice or newbie to shooting and guns. I have a "permit" and have been "carrying" for many years.

Am interested in feedback on recoil, accuracy, reliability etc.....

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments

This has been discussed at great length on the Box O truth. You might find the comments interesting...

http://www.theboxotruth.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=1386

Tarzan

santoro

imported post

Hello

I have a 4510 "THE JUDGE" Taurus 6.5 blued its kicks ass.great for self defence. I looked around for One year. hard too find. If you find one BUY it. 410's are expensive but fun. Good luck!

Santoro

Silverfox44

imported post

I also have the Judge and it is truly fun to shoot. I have owned it for about a year.

I sent a e-mail to Taurus asking them about the video showing the Judge, how close was he when shooting the .410. they told me in the video he was 12 feet. I would like to purchase a holster for it but have not found one yet.

cbigbrick

imported post

VAspringer,

I see that you are also in the Northern Virginia area. I know that Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly has one for RENT if you care to shoot one. I think it's a 3 inch barrel.

Cheers, :)

C

MFuess

imported post

For what it's worth, I havea stainless steel "JUDGE" 4510 w/3" barrel. I have shot all the available 410 shellsas well asevery 45LC load available including some custom loaded 45LC +P and +P+. I have also tried 45LC cowboy loads too. Here is my opinion...

All the 410's shoot well at close range, but "000". #4, #6 areexcellent up to about 15 ft. #7.5 shot is super brutal at less than8 ft, totally destroying the target on the second shot.

Cowboy Load 45's are terrible. They are dirty loads, low velocity, and have a poor group.

Standard 45LC's are great, and +Pis even better. But the recoil is tough with+P and +P+ loads. Excellent group up to about 15 yards.

45LC's are not normally available in +P or +P+ pressures. You have to load them up yourself (which I do). You can shoot Buffalo Bore and or CORBON with excellent results. Just bear in mind, that your 4510 it will kick like a hot 44 MAGNUM with +P 45LC loads.

Anyway, here is some info for you to ponder...This is an excellent Self Defense wheel gun!

MFuess

imported post

I still havemy SS 4510 "JUDGE" and I like it quite well.My favorite load is #4 shot, it really makes a messof the targets!

westernamerican

imported post

I too have the Judge stainless steel version with 3" barrel, Galco Holster and belt! It is tough!! This is my rig below!

Galco.jpg

DeerSlayer

imported post

MFuess,

I see that you have shot hotter loads than the factory recommends. They said that I should only shoot the black powder 45 long colts at 800 fps. I thought they were probably just saying that because ofliability. I have the 4510 blued instead of stainless but they should be the same. I would like to shoot something with a little more power if I can find them. Did you have any problem with the bigger loads?

OBXMIKE

imported post

I was wondering about the long-term effects of hot loads in that thing as well.......most of those cor-bons and buffalo bore loads suggest Ruger or Freedom Arms type of revolvers. I'm sure it could take it for a little while, but personally I wouldn't want to chance it given the possible unhappy result....

MFuess

imported post

DeerSlayer wrote:
MFuess,

I see that you have shot hotter loads than the factory recommends. They said that I should only shoot the black powder 45 long colts at 800 fps. I thought they were probably just saying that because ofliability. I have the 4510 blued instead of stainless but they should be the same. I would like to shoot something with a little more power if I can find them. Did you have any problem with the bigger loads?

Deerslayer,

Youhave probably already noticed that 410 shotgun shells are considerably more powerful than 45 LC's. This is why Iopted to up the anty on the 45's. I haven't had any problems withhotter loads. But between the two, I like the 410's better.

MFuess

imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
I was wondering about the long-term effects of hot loads in that thing as well.......most of those cor-bons and buffalo bore loads suggest Ruger or Freedom Arms type of revolvers. I'm sure it could take it for a little while, but personally I wouldn't want to chance it given the possible unhappy result....

OBXMIKE,

I would avoid +Pgrade ammo with this gun. My favorite ammo for the Taraus is #4 shot 410. Lots of medium sized BB's.