• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uncle Mike's hip holsters

LaneAtomic

imported post

I just bought the Uncle Mike's sidekick hip holster. It seems pretty decent, at least thus far. Anyone have any complaints about their durability? I carry on the job, and don't have the money for a decent leather holster until I get a few paychecks under me.

Here's a pic of my Rossi M711 riding in my holster (note, the holster is a right hand holster. This was taken in a mirror.) The M711 is a 4" .357 mag. Also, sorry about the bad quality of the image. I used my cell phone camera for it. :/

holsteredlj9.jpg

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the exposed trigger. I have one of thier holsters for my Semi, and it seems quite durable.

LaneAtomic

imported post

The way I have it set up, the exposed trigger really isn't a problem. The strap rests behind the hammer, and I have it tight enough to have a problem pulling that trigger even if I wanted to. It seems like most guys in our company carrying revolvers carry them in this holster.

Kingfish

imported post

Looks like you have a size too small but if it works, great.

I have been carrying my Uncle Mike's for about 6 months and have no issues at all.

LaneAtomic

imported post

Hmm. I was under the assumption that with a revolver, this holster was meant to be like that. Maybe I was mistaken? Either way, within a week or two I'll be getting a TripleK duty holster. The gun shop near me has one on sale for $55. I think it normally runs for about $85. Still, this is serving its purpose for now. Just wanted to see how the quality is. Thanks mate. :)

hogleg

imported post

Mine works good for what it is. Seems that the only real issue is if you got one with a bad snap. Either too hard or too loose. Other than that they hold the gun and are pretty tough. Can't tell by the pic if this is the one with the adjustable plastic thumb break or the outside snap. The outside snap is a bit slower on the draw.

Not nearly as comfortabe as leather with a good thumb break.Shoot, for the money you can get a decenttriple K leather one with thumb breakfor about $5 more than those Mikesat Cabelas. But I think they only come in cowboy brown....