• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Story from Shotgun News about WA open carry ban

Marco

imported post

attachment.php

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The story is old - obviously lots of people are OCing in WA state now - the more the better. The FishorMan case suggests that OCing mexican carry and/or with hammer cocked back warrants alarm under the statutue - so . . . don't do that!

expvideo

imported post

In case there was any confusion, the article is incorrect. OC is perfectly legal in WA state, everywhere that CC is. There is no rule against OCing in the city.

Mainsail

imported post

This holster piece from 2003starts with:

Practical holsters, for our purposes, can be defined as those suitable for carrying a pistol daily in urban America today. Except for the most rare exceptions, this means carrying concealed. Indeed, among the 41 states where it is possible to obtain a CCW, only Arizona allows a citizen to go heeled openly in public.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

larz wrote:
How else would I carry my gun if I can't have the hammer cocked back :/
Never carry with the hammer cocked back - that's s.s.scary.

Instead, you should carry with your gun cocked forward - much safer.

:p

LoveMyCountry

amlevin

imported post

larz wrote:
How else would I carry my gun if I can't have the hammer cocked back :/

If you read the earlier posts by Fishorman from a year or two ago, he was carrying a cocked and locked pistol in his waistband, NO HOLSTER.

When the court ruled on his appeal they noted this. They suggested that rather than charge him under a preempted city statute, Ellensberg Prosecuting Attorney should have charged him under RCW9.41.270, suggesting that the manner of carry (no holster with cocked/locked weapon) might be sufficient cause for "Alarm".

Go ahead and carry cocked/locked, just use a holster. Besides, it lessens the possibility of getting tangled in your underwear if you have to draw in a hurry.:celebrate