• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through Evanston

natehunts

imported post

This doesn't exactly concern open carry in Utah but I'm going hunting and I'll be traveling through Evanston, Wy to get to my spot. Has anyone traveled through and carried there? I plan on stopping at a sporting good store and the walmart. I have already posted this on the wyoming board and haven't had a response yet. I travel through Evanston all summer for camping in the Uintahs and have yet to open carry there. This will be the first time.

Thanks, Nate

natehunts

imported post

How about on private property or in stores such as walmart? They can't ask me to leave? In Utah, technically we can carry almost anywhere too, but we could get charged with trespassing if asked to leave and we don't comply. So technically I could get hassled here in Utah. Is it not so in Wyoming?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

natehunts wrote:
How about on private property or in stores such as walmart? They can't ask me to leave? In Utah, technically we can carry almost anywhere too, but we could get charged with trespassing if asked to leave and we don't comply. So technically I could get hassled here in Utah. Is it not so in Wyoming?

My wife and I just went through Wyoming a couple a weeks ago and it's 100% OC. If asked to leave...LEAVE.

Their Laws are Very, very similar to Utah Laws as far as I understand it. Contact MamaLiberty and she will be very happy to share with you everything you need to know.

tarzan1888

imported post

natehunts wrote:
Wal-Mart is a mixed bag. I have carried in their stores all over the country and topara-phrase Forest Gump, you never know what you are goingto get. If you are asked to leave, then leave and take your pride and money somewhere else. I have never had trouble of any kind in Wyoming. :)

xmirage2kx

imported post

any private property owner can ask you to leave for any reason, so if asked to leave then leave....

[align=left]OFF LIMIT PLACES.
(t)(i) Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written consentthe chief administrator.[/align]
[align=left](t)(ii) Any detention facility, prison or jail.[/align]
[align=left](t)(iii) Any Courtroom.[/align]
[align=left](t)(iv) Any meeting of a government entity.[/align]
[align=left](t)(v) Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof.[/align]
[align=left](t)(vi) Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms.[/align]
[align=left](t)(vii) Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumptionon the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.[/align]
[align=left](t)(viii) Any place where persons are assembled for public worship, without the written consent of the chiefadministrator of that place.[/align]
[align=left](t)(ix) Any Elementary or Secondary School facility.[/align]
[align=left](t)(x) Any College or University facility without the written consent of the security service of the college or university.[/align]
[align=left](t)(xi) Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or state law or regulation.[/align]

BenjaminHare

imported post

Natehunts,

After a few minor OC encounters I've taken to calling the local police department and speaking to one of the officers if I plan to OC outside my usual haunts. During one encounter (in Cheyenne) I said that I had spoken to "Office Smith" about OCing before I came into town. This certainly helped the situation because the officer I spoke with actually knew "Smith."

You can call the Evanston PD at 307-789-2141. I called them this morning and they told me that OC would be no legal problem but that it is not very common, thus folks might report it.

Great to hear that you will be hunting in Wyoming.

Cheers.

-Benjamin N. Hare

P. S. > Please post the results of your trip. I would like to know how your OC experience went.

natehunts

imported post

Well, I just got back from my trip through Evanston. On the way through I stopped at a gas station and then at walmart. In walmart I walked back to the sporting good section and picked up some things from the hunting section all without problems. On the way back through I stopped at a different gas station and at a wendy's. For my first OC experience it was no different than my first CC experience. I'm excited to try it here in Utah.