• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IDPA action this wednesday

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So Bubba Ron and myself will be at NCRR this wednesday around 4ish for the beginner IDPA match. Who else is coming? You better bring your A game, I hear big Ron is a force to be reckoned with :lol:

C

ccloud43

imported post

I dont know if i can make it or not but do you have to be a member to shoot the idpa

Bubba Ron

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Hey Brian just give Ron some caffine and sit back and watch the action. Just make sure you're behind him :lol:.
Mark, you're killin' me....are you on a certain someones payroll??? No caffine for me today....darn, there goes my excuse :?.

And Corey, Idid get through to the NCRR website and membership is not required.

vtme_grad98

imported post

Get there early guys. My main reason for not trying IDPA at NCRR stems from hearing about the attempts of my co-workers to do the same. Their experiences run about like this:

1. Leave job on federal property.
2. Drive east through traffic to get gun
3. Drive back west to NCRR
4. Sign up at bottom of LONG list once they finally get there around 5:30-6
5. Shoot at something like 9 or 10 at night

The only one that still does it periodically lives in Suffolk, about 5-10 minutes from NCRR. If you can't keep your gun in your car at work, and you don't live at least somewhat close to NCRR, you can usually count on that one IDPA run eating up your entire day.

Bubba Ron

imported post

glock9emem wrote:
I'll be there...This will be my first match so when you make fun of me make sure it's behind my back.
Something has come up and Brian and I will not be going tonight - so you're safe from us....good luck!!

C

ccloud43

imported post

ok a couple of dumb questions. since membership is not required how much is it to shoot and how many rounds should i take?

Bubba Ron

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
ok a couple of dumb questions. since membership is not required how much is it to shoot and how many rounds should i take?
Sorry for the late reply, since this would have been my first time too, I don't know. The IDPA Basic should be less intense, more of a wet your whistle type of event (I'm guessing) I was going totake 100 rounds with me - cost for IDPA Basic, not sure.

glock9emem

imported post

The event was great. They walk you through everything very slowly since it is the beginners shoot. I used a little less than 50 rounds.The only thing I would recommend would be to use a tactical holster and have two magazine pouches for your belt. Make sure to bring ears and eyes. I got there at about 1600 and the list was very short. I actually waited to sign up so I could see a few people run through first. I met a lot of great people and the shoot was very fun.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Thanks glock9emem, good report.Will you continue in Basic IDPA a few more times or is one enough to start attending regular IDPA shoots?

glock9emem

imported post

I will try to make it to the standard shoot this upcoming week. I'm going to watch a few people try it and I might give it a try but it all depends on how difficult it is. But I will definitely try the beginner's shoot again.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Do they ever have weekend IDPA matches?

EDIT: did you gentlemen shoot a classifier or was this a intro class only and nothing scored for record
Here's the link to NCRR: www.ncrr.net There's a Calendar of Events that will show you each months activities. I believe the Basic IDPA is just an intro class - no scores.