• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred Thompson Glock And 1911 Group Buy

Mjolnir

imported post

This is copied from another forum with permission of the author. It's a great deal if you are looking for a pistol & the profits going to Fred will ensure he's aware that gun owners are backing him.

Ok, so I know I said I'd probably never do another Glock group buy because they are too much work for too little return, but here we are. At least this one is for a good cause.

As most people probably know Fred Thompson formally announced his candidacy this week. And given the options so far I think he is the best thing going. Especially for gun owners.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Fred_Thompson_Gun_Control.htm

Allowing concealed carry could have limited VA Tech massacre

How is it that one man with two handguns could reload time & time again, and go from classroom to classroom on the Virginia Tech campus without being stopped. Much of the answer can be found in policies put in place by the university itself.

Virginia allows citizens with training and legal permits to carry concealed weapons. That means that Virginians regularly sit in movie theaters and eat in restaurants among armed citizens.

The statistics are clear. Communities that recognize and grant Second Amendment rights to responsible adults have a significantly lower incidence of violent crime than those that do not. Incarcerated criminals tell criminologists that they consider local gun laws when they decide what sort of crime they will commit, and where they will do so.

But Virginia Tech administrators overrode Virginia state law and threatened to expel or fire anybody who brings a weapon onto campus. Those "Gun-free Zone" signs don't mean much to the sort of man who murdered 32 people.

Source: Thompson's blog on ABCradio.com, "Signs of Intelligence?" Apr 19, 2007

So my plan is to do a Group Buy to raise money for the Fred Thompson For President Campaign. $50 from each firearm sold in this group buy will be donated to Fred Thompson and it will be made quite clear that the donations were derived from gun sales purchased by gun owners for the express purpose of supporting Fred Thompson.

And please bear that in mind with the pricing. While I'm sure you might find Glocks and Springfields $10 cheaper, the point of this group buy is to raise money for a conservative Presidential candidate who supports our rights. And even with that $50 donation factored in, I'm still pretty competive on prices.

Glocks

Brand NEW in box Gen 3 Glock models with accessory rail (except sub compacts). Come with 2 high cap mags, manual and accessories.

Glock 17 (9mm) $500.00
Glock 19 (9mm) $500.00
Glock 26 (9mm) $500.00
Glock 34 (9mm) $585.00
Glock 22 (.40) $500.00
Glock 23 (.40) $500.00
Glock 27 (.40) $500.00
Glock 35 (.40) $585.00
Glock 24 (.40) $680.00
Glock 31 (357) $500.00
Glock 32 (357) $500.00
Glock 33 (357) $500.00
Glock 21 (.45) $565.00
Glock 30 (.45) $565.00
Glock 36 (.45) $565.00
Glock 20 (10mm) $565.00
Glock 21SF (.45) $565.00

Can order with factory installed NS for $75. Add $40 to the above prices for a compensated model.

Extra magazines $20 (with purchase of handgun).
33rd 9mm magazines (17,18) $25 (with purchase of handgun).
Glock Tac Lights $85.00 (with purchase of handgun).

Springfield Armory 1911s

Brand NEW in box. Come with 1 magazine (loaded models come with 2 magazines).

WWII Mil-Spec Parkerized .45 $508.00
WWII Mil-Spec O.D. .45 $508.00
WWII Mil-Spec Stainless .45 $540.50
WWII High Cap Parkerized .45 $546.50
WWII Mil-Spec parkerized .45 $508.00
WWII G.I. 4" Parkerized .45 $508.00
WWII G.I. 3" Parkerized .45 $540.50
Target Stainless Loaded .45 $799.95
Target Stainless Loaded 9mm $799.95

Other Springfield 1911s available. If you don't see what you want, email for price.

S/H is $10 per handgun or I can do local Broward transfers for $10.

Can take checks or MOs.

Email: Steyr808@yahoo.com for payment info.

Please DO NOT PM for payment info, I want to try and keep this organized, please EMAIL ONLY.

Gonna need 50 people to do this one. And I will only be counting PAID orders. I won't cash checks or process cards until we reach our minimum.

Also keep in mind that deliver times WILL vary. I have no control over this but will of course do my best. Please see my last Glock Group Buy for a realistic expectation of organization and delivery times.

Glock Group Buy...PART II...Starting At $450.00

And please spread the word on all the gun forums that you may frequent. I will make sure forums which have heavy membership participation get the proper credit.

Thanks.

Orginal link:

http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=23786

thnycav

imported post

This will work as well. No aiming and just about anyone can use it. Just need to get it close. Remember close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Once the bad buy is down they can be disarmed with little or no collateral damage. I know not as sexy as a hand gun but it does work.

Stun grenades

flashbangs, were originally designed for the British Special Air Service as an [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incapacitant]incapacitant. Stun grenades are used to confuse, disorient, or distract a potential threat. A stun grenade can seriously degrade the combat effectiveness of affected personnel for up to a minute. The best known example is the M84 Stun Grenade, which produces a blinding (6-8 million Candela) flash and deafening (170-180 dB SPL) blast. This grenade can be used to incapacitate people, generally without causing serious injury. Standing operating procedure for LAPD SWAT has officers deploy flashbangs close to the point of entry. This is because all attention will be directed towards the door once it has been breached, and deploying the flashbang close to this point heightens the chances that a suspect will be affected by the device.

The flash of light momentarily activates all photosensitive cells in the retina, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds until the eye restores the retina to its original, unstimulated state. Subjects affected by flashbangs describe seeing a single frame for the five seconds (as if their vision was "paused") until it fades and normal sight returns. This is because the sensory cells which have been activated continue sending the same information to the brain until they are restored to their resting state, and the brain translates this continuous information into the same image. The incredibly loud blast emitted by the grenade contributes to its incapacitative properties by disturbing the fluid in the semicircular canals of the ear. The semicircular canals consist of three half circles of tubing, each oriented in one of the three planes of motion, that are filled with fluid. The walls of the tubes are lined with hair cells which use their small, hairlike cilia to detect the motion of the fluid. This establishes a person's sense of balance and movement through space. When a stun grenade detonates, the fluid in the semicircular canals is disturbed, and with it the subject's sense of balance.

Upon detonation, the fuse/grenade body assembly remains intact and produces no fragmentation. The body is a steel hexagonal tube with holes along the sides which allow a blast of light and sound to be emitted. This is done to prevent injury from shrapnel. However, injuries resulting from the concussive properties of the detonation sometimes occur. The filler consists of about 4.5 grams of a pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of magnesium and ammonium perchlorate or potassium perchlorate.

edit] Sting grenades
Sting grenades are based on the design of the fragmentation grenade. Instead of using a metal casing to produce shrapnel, they are made using two spheres of hard rubber. Inside the smaller sphere is the explosive charge, primer, and detonator. The space between the two spheres is then filled with many small, hard rubber balls. Upon detonation, the subject is incapacitated by the blunt force of the projectiles. The advantage to using sting grenades comes from the fact that the subject is very often incapacitated, winded, or at the very least dislodged from cover.

Some types have an additional payload of chemical agents like CS gas.[citation needed][/suP]

The advantages compared to a flashbang are

• The "plug 'n shut" tactic, which is shutting one's eyes and plugging one's ears to avoid being affected by a flashbang. This does nothing to protect a person from a sting grenade.
  • The subject does not need to be looking at the grenade for it to take its full effect.
  • Sting grenades are much more likely to cause a subject to either fall or lower himself in pain, thus providing good sight lines to unaffected targets in the area.
This makes sting grenades ideal for containing small groups of rowdy prisoners, providing a shooting opportunity when a suspect is hiding behind cover, or in allowing SWAT teams to clear small rooms.

A disadvantage of using sting grenades is that they are not sure to incapacitate a subject, so it is dangerous to use if the subject is armed. This arises from the fact that sting grenades rely on the body's reaction to adverse stimuli (pain and blunt force trauma) rather than denial of sensory input. A person with sufficient mental focus can concentrate enough to ignore being hit by a sting grenade's payload, whereas a stun grenade will physically affect vision and sense of orientation. The effective range of a sting grenade is limited compared to a stun grenade.

thnycav

imported post

This will work as well. No aiming and just about anyone can use it. Just need to get it close. Remember close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Once the bad buy is down they can be disarmed with little or no collateral damage. I know not as sexy as a hand gun but it does work.

Stun grenades

flashbangs, were originally designed for the British Special Air Service as an [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incapacitant]incapacitant. Stun grenades are used to confuse, disorient, or distract a potential threat. A stun grenade can seriously degrade the combat effectiveness of affected personnel for up to a minute. The best known example is the M84 Stun Grenade, which produces a blinding (6-8 million Candela) flash and deafening (170-180 dB SPL) blast. This grenade can be used to incapacitate people, generally without causing serious injury. Standing operating procedure for LAPD SWAT has officers deploy flashbangs close to the point of entry. This is because all attention will be directed towards the door once it has been breached, and deploying the flashbang close to this point heightens the chances that a suspect will be affected by the device.

The flash of light momentarily activates all photosensitive cells in the retina, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds until the eye restores the retina to its original, unstimulated state. Subjects affected by flashbangs describe seeing a single frame for the five seconds (as if their vision was "paused") until it fades and normal sight returns. This is because the sensory cells which have been activated continue sending the same information to the brain until they are restored to their resting state, and the brain translates this continuous information into the same image. The incredibly loud blast emitted by the grenade contributes to its incapacitative properties by disturbing the fluid in the semicircular canals of the ear. The semicircular canals consist of three half circles of tubing, each oriented in one of the three planes of motion, that are filled with fluid. The walls of the tubes are lined with hair cells which use their small, hairlike cilia to detect the motion of the fluid. This establishes a person's sense of balance and movement through space. When a stun grenade detonates, the fluid in the semicircular canals is disturbed, and with it the subject's sense of balance.

Upon detonation, the fuse/grenade body assembly remains intact and produces no fragmentation. The body is a steel hexagonal tube with holes along the sides which allow a blast of light and sound to be emitted. This is done to prevent injury from shrapnel. However, injuries resulting from the concussive properties of the detonation sometimes occur. The filler consists of about 4.5 grams of a pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of magnesium and ammonium perchlorate or potassium perchlorate.

edit] Sting grenades
Sting grenades are based on the design of the fragmentation grenade. Instead of using a metal casing to produce shrapnel, they are made using two spheres of hard rubber. Inside the smaller sphere is the explosive charge, primer, and detonator. The space between the two spheres is then filled with many small, hard rubber balls. Upon detonation, the subject is incapacitated by the blunt force of the projectiles. The advantage to using sting grenades comes from the fact that the subject is very often incapacitated, winded, or at the very least dislodged from cover.

Some types have an additional payload of chemical agents like CS gas.[citation needed][/suP]

The advantages compared to a flashbang are

• The "plug 'n shut" tactic, which is shutting one's eyes and plugging one's ears to avoid being affected by a flashbang. This does nothing to protect a person from a sting grenade.
  • The subject does not need to be looking at the grenade for it to take its full effect.
  • Sting grenades are much more likely to cause a subject to either fall or lower himself in pain, thus providing good sight lines to unaffected targets in the area.
This makes sting grenades ideal for containing small groups of rowdy prisoners, providing a shooting opportunity when a suspect is hiding behind cover, or in allowing SWAT teams to clear small rooms.

A disadvantage of using sting grenades is that they are not sure to incapacitate a subject, so it is dangerous to use if the subject is armed. This arises from the fact that sting grenades rely on the body's reaction to adverse stimuli (pain and blunt force trauma) rather than denial of sensory input. A person with sufficient mental focus can concentrate enough to ignore being hit by a sting grenade's payload, whereas a stun grenade will physically affect vision and sense of orientation. The effective range of a sting grenade is limited compared to a stun grenade.