Thread: want to Open Carry in the winter?

Post imported post

So I was buying some stuff for a costume (reno 911 costume for halloween), and I stumbled across this site. It's a uniform site. I ordered a shirt and thisjacket. The jacket has a removable Thinsulate liner which takes it from a great winter jacket to a thin windbreaker. You could seriously wear this year-round. Now I don't think it's ok to try to look like a cop, but I think that this jacket, if you wear it like a regular jacket, is just fine. Water just beads up and rolls right off of it, which is great when I wore it in the rain.

And the best part: There's a side-zip on each side, so you can expose your holster. I don't know if I really want to OC in the winter, but now I have the option! Besides, the jacket is not only comfortable, it's only 24.99! They seem to have a couple other colors, too.

Worn casually, I think it looks fine and doesn't throw out a mall ninja/wanna-be cop vibe. Anyway, what do you guys think? Good option for all-weather OC?

Post imported post

Very nice option. Thanks for posting it!

Post imported post

Nice jacket, great price, good little site, and nice to have a way to OC during times I'd normally CC because I have no other option.

Thanks for the post, A.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:

And the best part: There's a side-zip on each side, so you can expose your holster. I don't know if I really want to OC in the winter, but now I have the option! Besides, the jacket is not only comfortable, it's only 24.99! They seem to have a couple other colors, too.

Looks good. And if it comes in other colors, it would make a complementary addition to this wardrobe:

Add a muffler, some full-finger gloves....maybe a fashionable turse (for a BUG) and you can be ready for cold weather duty!

:P

Post imported post

Damn.....I just bought a coat for $40 at K&G Warehouse.......

Post imported post

I still like my 5.11 tactical parka, conceal holster is part of the jacket, and for when i make the leap it has the big zips on the sides. plus it's really warm, and one time while washing it i left a sub shop stamp card in one of the pockets.... didn't get wet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

You just wanted to post that picture. You're so uncool. :P

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    expvideo wrote:

Looks good. And if it comes in other colors, it would make a complementary addition to this wardrobe:

Add a muffler, some full-finger gloves....maybe a fashionable turse (for a BUG) and you can be ready for cold weather duty!

:P
    You had better be careful HankT, they might think you are serious.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    You just wanted to post that picture. You're so uncool. :P

hehe, yeah... kimber 45 and 1918 built springfield 1911, smoke hanging out the mouth and my Contra t-shirt.... i like the picture

Post imported post

No eye protection? So uncool

Post imported post

i've got a spare

Post imported post

It's alright, I wore my eye protection on the top of my head today after going to my car to grab my other magazines. Took a few magazines before I realized it.