• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

want to Open Carry in the winter?

expvideo

imported post

So I was buying some stuff for a costume (reno 911 costume for halloween), and I stumbled across this site. It's a uniform site. I ordered a shirt and thisjacket. The jacket has a removable Thinsulate liner which takes it from a great winter jacket to a thin windbreaker. You could seriously wear this year-round. Now I don't think it's ok to try to look like a cop, but I think that this jacket, if you wear it like a regular jacket, is just fine. Water just beads up and rolls right off of it, which is great when I wore it in the rain.

And the best part: There's a side-zip on each side, so you can expose your holster. I don't know if I really want to OC in the winter, but now I have the option! Besides, the jacket is not only comfortable, it's only 24.99! They seem to have a couple other colors, too.

image.php

Worn casually, I think it looks fine and doesn't throw out a mall ninja/wanna-be cop vibe. Anyway, what do you guys think? Good option for all-weather OC?

just_a_car

imported post

Nice jacket, great price, good little site, and nice to have a way to OC during times I'd normally CC because I have no other option.

Thanks for the post, A.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
And the best part: There's a side-zip on each side, so you can expose your holster. I don't know if I really want to OC in the winter, but now I have the option! Besides, the jacket is not only comfortable, it's only 24.99! They seem to have a couple other colors, too.

image.php

Looks good. And if it comes in other colors, it would make a complementary addition to this wardrobe:

attachment.php

Add a muffler, some full-finger gloves....maybe a fashionable turse (for a BUG) and you can be ready for cold weather duty!

:p

uncoolperson

imported post

I still like my 5.11 tactical parka, conceal holster is part of the jacket, and for when i make the leap it has the big zips on the sides. plus it's really warm, and one time while washing it i left a sub shop stamp card in one of the pockets.... didn't get wet

Attachments

• DSC_1260.JPG
    DSC_1260.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 469

tarzan1888

imported post

HankT wrote:
expvideo wrote:

image.php

Looks good. And if it comes in other colors, it would make a complementary addition to this wardrobe:

attachment.php

Add a muffler, some full-finger gloves....maybe a fashionable turse (for a BUG) and you can be ready for cold weather duty!

:p
You had better be careful HankT, they might think you are serious.

uncoolperson

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
You just wanted to post that picture. You're so uncool. :p

hehe, yeah... kimber 45 and 1918 built springfield 1911, smoke hanging out the mouth and my Contra t-shirt.... i like the picture

larz

imported post

It's alright, I wore my eye protection on the top of my head today after going to my car to grab my other magazines. Took a few magazines before I realized it.