Thread: D.C. Police Trying to Explain Lack of Gun With Slain Teen

Post imported post

Post imported post

dkd wrote:
    What a mess.

Remember the first rule on these types of cases: Everyone is lying about something.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like it's just how the police told it: The sorry "neighbors" (sounds like a typical low-class crime-ridden projects-type hellhole) picked up the gun and bike to cover their teenage POS thief's ass...and then claim the "innocent kid" (probably a punk gangster) was shot for "no reason." What crap.

Off duty or not, I'm with the cop on this one.

Good riddence to the punk...but hope the guy can get his kid's minibike back though.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

No gun but they do have a bullet hole in the car they were in and a shell casing. Should not be too hard to figure out if this kid fired a pistol. Swap and test for GSR

I don't like to see kids shot but if they are carrying a gun for whatever reason that really raises thestakes especially for a stupid joy ride........ Kids can and do kill. If they point a gun at you, you have to react. No matter the stupid situation.

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

so the Cornoner is lying to protect the kid as well?

removed the flaming of another
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    cloudcroft wrote:
    Sounds like it's just how the police told it: The sorry "neighbors" (sounds like a typical low-class crime-ridden projects-type hellhole) picked up the gun and bike to cover their teenage POS thief's ass...and then claim the "innocent kid" (probably a punk gangster) was shot for "no reason." What crap.

Good riddence to the punk...but hope the guy can get his kid's minibike back though.

-- John D.

wow!!!! you have issues...

I have a 2 ?'s for you.

can you explain this http://www.newschannel8.net/news/sto...07/460550.html

Just so you know not all poor people are criminals, allLEO's aren't trust worthy/honest
    i too would like to know what you think cloud since the kid was shot in the back of the head, no gun was found, the bike he was supposedly riding wasnt found and no GSR was found to be on his hands....i also find it hard to believe a 14 kid is riding a bike all the while letting off rounds from a .45...story just doesnt add up

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Personally, I don't mind at all how the trash is taken out, and riding stolen property "DeOnte" (what a great name) trying to escape from the police still sounds like he was a POS gangster punk. Again, good riddance.

Unfortunately, there're probably at least10 more losers in the 'hood to replace him...not counting his so-called also-loser "parents" -- if there are any parents at his crib -- having more kids just like him.

This BS will continue until we get REAL crime-solution policies in action, policiesthat would reduce crime big-time overnight and clear out prisons...but that won't ever happen in a "democracy." What a shame.

Cops have to play by "the rules" but of course, criminals don't.

Consequently,the cops will NEVER win.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

State Researcher

Post imported post

If this cop's story is true, he's a bad cop and an idiot (as is his partner). They didn't have the foresight to secure the crime scene? The first thing they should have done is secure the weapon.

Why didn't this guy let the on duty cops handle his case? Isn't that what the unarmed population is supposed to rely on?

This smells foul in many ways.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I wonder if the officer even owned a mini-bike to begin with...? Or, I wonder if there were 2 perps, and only one didn't get away.

Post imported post

:?

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    This BS will continue until we get REAL crime-solution policies in action, policiesthat would reduce crime big-time overnight and clear out prisons...but that won't ever happen in a "democracy." What a shame.

-- John D.

it sounds like youre looking for something more along the lines of "the final solution"?,
    and police are not on the job to "win" just to serve the people not take vigilante justice over a motor bike that just like the supposed gun was never recovered

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

wow!!!! you have issues...

I have 2 ?'s for you.

can you explain this http://www.newschannel8.net/news/sto...07/460550.html

Just so you know not all poor people are criminals, allLEO's aren't trust worthy/honest

Edit: no i don't have a problem with the police in general
    Well, I do have a problem with the police in general. But I think we all know that already

The kid had a gunshot wound to the back of the head. I wonder what the angle was, but I'd be willing to bet that it came at about a 45-degree angle above the back of the head. I also would be willing to bet that the shot was from point-blank range. Even if this wasn't an execution, although all signs point to that it was, the "law" enforcement officer shot while the kid was running away. So, what clear danger did he present? It presents a very poor case for self-defense. However, we'll never see the details due to the overwhelming presence of the criminal organization known as the FOP.

At any rate, though, as CA_Libertarian alluded to, at the very least the "law" enforcement officers failed to do their job of securing the crime scene. This would be like a doctor having left his watch inside of a person... not good. In an officer-involved shooting case, the failure to do this should result in termination. At the worst, it was a corrupt execution.

Though, I'm surprised that the "law" enforcement officers weren't able to produce a gun to put on the kid. Or maybe they're just the stupid corrupt cop type rather than the intelligent corrupt type.

Post imported post

Ok, shot in the back of the head. the kid turned after firing the gun. Then as the cops sloppily secured the scene, person(s) unknown took the evidence, mainly the minibike and 45 pistol. What I would like to know is why the person(s) unknown took the time to remove the gloves with the GSR residue from the slain "perp". With no GSR on the hands he had to wear gloves right?

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    cloudcroft wrote:
    Personally, I don't mind at all how the trash is taken out, and riding stolen property "DeOnte" (what a great name) trying to escape from the police still sounds like he was a POS gangster punk. Again, good riddance.
    so we should start shooting possibly unarmed juvenille offenders in the back of the head.

your right, the cops won't win.
    to win there has to be a level playing field
    the officer will probably be promoted for killing the youth

I don't think the boy is/was an Angel but I don't see how shooting him is justified.

P.S. you should see a DR. about your anger/hatred for the poor
    also your posts scream racism so please remember to remove your hood before you leave the house
    Well, I'm not going to start screaming racism, for the sole reason that if all poor minorities were to disappear from the country overnight, there would be significantly less crime. Given the statistics, it's true. Why it's true is a complex equation involving poverty, lack of education and other factors. HOWEVER just because it would work doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. That's why we have those rights mentioned in the Constitution and Bill of Rights... This is a country of freedom for everyone, not just the successful people. And while I'm not going to support spending my tax dollars on making every "equal" economically, the least we can do is give everyone equal treatment in the eyes of the law.

Post imported post

also your posts scream racism so please remember to remove your hood before you leave the house

Sentiments like these are a main cause of why we have a crime problem in the first place. Rabid screams of 'racism' whenever someone says "hey, did'ya ever wonder why poor black people commit so much violent crime?" makes it impossible to actually address (and eventually solve) the problem of poor black committing a greatly disproportionate amount of violent crime.

As for the bolded part; dont you hate it whenever people make vicouscatagorizations about you based on shallow 'analysis' of a handful of statements?

*Forgot to mention my take on the topic at hand. You're right, it does sound pretty fishy.

Post imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:

Sentiments like these are a main cause of why we have a crime problem in the first place. Rabid screams of 'racism' whenever someone says "hey, did'ya ever wonder why poor black people commit so much violent crime?" makes it impossible to actually address (and eventually solve) the problem of poor black committing a greatly disproportionate amount of violent crime.

As for the bolded part; dont you hate it whenever people make vicouscatagorizations about you based on shallow 'analysis' of a handful of statements?

*Forgot to mention my take on the topic at hand. You're right, it does sound pretty fishy.
    but there in lies another problem, its not just poor black people commiting violent crimes inner cities are patroled much more by LEO. they tend to violate civil rights of people living there in the same manner as some of the members of this forum have experienced. poor people tend to commit more violent crimes period and it just so happens there is a huge socioeconomic gap in this country and a lot of blacks and latinos are at the lower end of the spectrum. the crime the kid was supposed to have commited was not violent, only the supposed theft of a bike which was escalated into what sounds like a violent crime commited by the officer

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This has a smell to it thatI can't quite put my finger on.

I can understand a handgun disappearing from a crime scene. They are small and can be quicklygrabbed and stuck in one's pocket. The mini-bike disappearing is a lot harder to swallow.

OTOH, the cop's car has a bullet hole in it, which certainly suggests someone was shooting at him.

This kind of situation is why cops should have their copness removed when they take off the uniform. Anyone else arms themselves andgoes looking for someone who may have stolen some property from them and ends up shooting them is going to go to jail.

This kind of smells like someone put a story together after the fact to explain their actions, and didn't quite get all the details ironed out.

Or it could be just normal random things that are not easily explained.

It seems doubtful that we will ever get a good understanding of what really happened.

Post imported post

ilbob wrote:
    This has a smell to it thatI can't quite put my finger on.

I can understand a handgun disappearing from a crime scene. They are small and can be quicklygrabbed and stuck in one's pocket. The mini-bike disappearing is a lot harder to swallow.

OTOH, the cop's car has a bullet hole in it, which certainly suggests someone was shooting at him.

This kind of situation is why cops should have their copness removed when they take off the uniform. Anyone else arms themselves andgoes looking for someone who may have stolen some property from them and ends up shooting them is going to go to jail.

This kind of smells like someone put a story together after the fact to explain their actions, and didn't quite get all the details ironed out.

Or it could be just normal random things that are not easily explained.

It seems doubtful that we will ever get a good understanding of what really happened.

He could have shot his car door himself... who's to say that he didn't have a throw-away gun on hand? Perhaps from the evidence room.

Was there even a mini-bike involved?

Post imported post

As an open carrier, the sad state of our society that hits me the most is the belief that the United States of America has privileged classes of citizens. We do NOT. Police are civil servants and only while on the clock. If somebody is fleeing, the use of lethal force is unjustified.

I don't believe the kid was armed. Not that these were police, but once a crime scene is secured, step one is securing any weapons present. They failed to do this and somehow, the object over which this was supposedly about disappeared? The theft from an outside source theory also doesn't hold water. If you see police out of uniform willing to shoot a 14 yo kid in the back of the head, you're not going to go out there on the off chance you can get a bike out of it.

Many, MANY more questions. I'm sure they didn't announce themselves as police. Even if they had, they shouldn't be able to and nobody should be expected to believe that anybody that SAYS they're police, are. Eight rounds fired, only one hit? They were supposedly fired upon, but his "backup" didn't even draw his gun. Allegedly only one shot fired by the teen...

But you know what really burns my bottom about this? Suspension with pay. Suspension, yes. Retroactive pay UPON EXONERATION, sure. To pay potential felons that potentially committed a felony under color of law is a complete 180 of the right thing to do. Also, the paper said they weren't releasing the names as to not endanger the policemen involved. If we are ever involved in a defensive shoot, we are likely to be equally at risk. We will receive no such protection. Furthermore, the police are civil servants. The institution of the police is a public resource. They should not be able to withhold any FACTS from the public they serve. Clearly they can protect themselves from 14 yo's running in the opposite direction. And if you REALLY want to protect them, don't shelter them. If they believed ahead of time they might face public retaliation, loss of pay, etc, maybe they would've thought twice. They've certainly received no indication that such an act is wrong, and we'd be facing felony charges even if it DID go down as described.

I read things like this and am disgusted when my countrymen see me open carrying and ask first if I'm police as if they would feel more comfortable if I was.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Isee no reason to accept anything reported. Why not just start from scratch and posit scenarios?

Drug deal gone bad? Was the shooter dealing? Not at all unheard of.

Maybe the gun that put the bullet hole in the car didn't disappear. Maybe it belonged to the back up who "didn't fire."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Demarest wrote:
    I read things like this and am disgusted when my countrymen see me open carrying and ask first if I'm police as if they would feel more comfortable if I was.
    Am I strange for thinking that it's the job of the police to investigate and then apprehend suspects in crimes that have victims, and that it's the responsibility of the people to provide their own protection?

Post imported post

Not at all. Since we're among friends, I'll share a fantasy of mine. It's one I've chosen to remain a fantasy simply because I'd rather use the opportunities I'm given to HELP our cause.

My fantasy: When somebody asks me if I'm police just because I'm open carrying, I ask them if it would make them more comfy if I was. When they undoubtedly answer yes, I inform them that if I were police, I'd be bringing my gun to trample their rights. :what:

Since the gloves are off, I'll answer your question by pointing out that when our nation was founded, there were no police. It WAS each man's duty to protect himself, his family, and his community.

Post imported post

The innocent citizen who is victimized by bad police will often not cooperate in the future with any police officers as a result. They will not call the police for help, but fend for themselves instead.

Minorities have been victimized by the Police since the first police dept was formed.

There will always be distrust of the Police as long as they continue to abuse poor minorities.

~Alan Korwin