• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFCC Picnic in the Park 4

dng

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.ohioccw.org/

Anyone here planning to attend this, or has been to one before? I am thinking about going. It's over 2 hrs away for me, and I don't really want to drive that far if the picnic is a waste of time. Hopefully no CCW holders will shoot me if I show up OCing! :D(Just joking) It might be worth it just to be able to hear what the governor has to say.

Brian D.

imported post

I've been to all ofthe OFCCannual Picnics. Not a bad way to meet fellow firearms owners/carriers--assuming one is sociable to begin with, I guess. Always interesting to meet up with folks you previously only "knew" online.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Any guess of about how many people normally attend?

Legba

imported post

OC around the governor after the week I've had? Are you <expletive deleted> crazy/stupid? I'm already down one gun and may get indicted yet (I talked to my lawyer at last and he thinks he/we can beat it if it comes to that). Anyway, no - I'm glad to still have a job at this rate and I'm not going to ask for time off for about a year at this rate. Thanks for the info though. ;-/

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'll bet the governor would be more ok with OC than your Dayton Police buddies...:D

Legba

imported post

THAT goes without saying... I only wish that the Spring Valley range weren't so close to mid-Montgomery County. I got stopped the last time I was coming back from there as well. They searched my stuff but didn't run me in that time, and I had more impressive ordnance then, so I'm satisfied that this was just rank abuse of power by a jerk.

-ljp

Brian D.

imported post

The attendance has grown a good bit since the first Picnic. Maybe 300 or so come, but of course they show up and leave at varying times.

reefteach

imported post

300? Cool. I'll be there. Now... Tactical XD in Serpa, or PT145 in Bianchi tan leather thumbreak? Hmmmm.

I'de offer to car pool, but will probably be spending time with the wife's friends while up there.

Brian D.

imported post

reefteach wrote:
300? Cool. I'll be there. Now... Tactical XD in Serpa, or PT145 in Bianchi tan leather thumbreak? Hmmmm.

I'de offer to car pool, but will probably be spending time with the wife's friends while up there.
That300 count includes kids,political speakers, and the caterers. Andtheweather has always been good for previous Picnics, which we can't depend on of course.

Brian D.

imported post

Lthrnck, I PM'd you about the OCO Forum. Guess I'll see you at Liberty Park, we can finally attend a get together that fills more than one table. :celebrate

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Brian, since you've been to these picnics before, I've got another question for you.:D OFCC sells two kinds of tickets; 1 for just drinks, another for lunch and drinks. Attendance is free, you only have to pay if you want drinks or food. But what if I'm just cheap and want to bring my own drinks or food? Do you know if that's frowned on?

Brian D.

imported post

Guess you wouldn't have to buy either the drink or meal ticket, but it's a good enough deal to spend a few bucks. And I think if you do you'd then be eligible for some of the door prizes.

Lthrnck

imported post

Can you imagine how great it would be to say to a LEO, that has stopped us in some park on some other day..... " Hey we just had the governor at our pic-nic, and there was a couple hundred of us there OC'ing and CC'ing and heand his security detail knew we were legal... so how can you sayI can't carry here.. Check with the GOV....

dng

State Researcher
imported post

How great would it be toNOTget stopped by a LEO in a park for carrying? :idea: