• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFCC Picnic in the Park 4

Lthrnck

imported post

I agree with that Dn..... but a little pay back would be nice...

Hey how about a group picture with the Gov. all of his security detail and all of us OC'ing in front of the park sign... LOL.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Well, it's official. I'll be there this Saturday. (and yes, I'll be OCing!) :D I'm looking forward to getting to meet anyone that's able to show up!

Legba

imported post

My vehicle hasn't been released yet, and it's going to take my last dime to cover the impound fees by the time this mess gets cleared up. I had thought of going to this event, but it's not going to happen without a winning lottery ticket in the meantime. Maybe next year.

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe the Dayton police department wouldoffer transportation in the back of one of their fine cruisers? :D

Legba

imported post

No thanks - I'm 6' tall, and that was part of the torture, squeezing me in the back of one of their cruisers.

-ljp

freedom1776

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Well, it's official. I'll be there this Saturday. (and yes, I'll be OCing!) :D I'm looking forward to getting to meet anyone that's able to show up!
well now I'm thinking about going.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

You should come. It should be fun. Well, unless the governor's bodyguards require us toputaway our gunsbefore he speaks... But seriously that should not be a problem because OFCC has already told the governor's people that many people will be carrying.

freedom1776

imported post

dngreer wrote:
You should come. It should be fun. Well, unless the governor's bodyguards require us toputaway our gunsbefore he speaks... But seriously that should not be a problem because OFCC has already told the governor's people that many people will be carrying.
think we should meet up?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I don't think that those of us that post here should form our own group, after all, this isn't the Opencarry picnic, it's the OFCC picnic. I don't want it to seem that opencarry.com is trying to hijack the event. But it would be nice to put a face with a "name".Any suggestions on how us OC folks who are interested can meet each-other?

Brian D.

imported post

dngreer wrote:
I don't think that those of us that post here should form our own group, after all, this isn't the Opencarry picnic, it's the OFCC picnic. I don't want it to seem that opencarry.com is trying to hijack the event. But it would be nice to put a face with a "name".Any suggestions on how us OC folks who are interested can meet each-other?
Bring some Sharpie markers and 'Hello My Name Is...' stickers and write youruser as well as actual name on it.

freedom1776

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Any suggestions on how us OC folks who are interested can meet each-other?

well, we could just look for each other by see'ing who'sOC'ing

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Actually, believe it or not, some peopleover onOFCC are saying they are planning on OCing as well. I think the name sticker idea is probably our best bet.

reefteach

imported post

I thought it would be easy to find OCDO members at the picnic, but so many people were open carrying there that I couldn't sort them out. I'm guessing about 150-200 people were there. And about 2 dozen people were open carrying. Many people started concealed, and eventually transitioned to open carry:monkey

I was standing about 20 feet from the governor, open carrying a Taurus PT145 in tan Bianchi holster while eating a hot dog. Several people mentioned before hand that because of the press, open carry would be a bad idea. I think it was a great idea, and I'm glad so many people felt comfortable doing it. It really put gun owners in a positive light. I wonder how many soccer moms noticed people lawfully carrying at the park.

State representative Michael DeBosespoke there. He is the Cleveland politician that voted against concealed carry. Then was mugged at gunpoint, and turned pro-gun. He said "I'm not packing today butI can see aWHOLE lot of YOU are! This is the safest park in Ohio!"

There was a sheriff there, who got bored and left before it was over.

One interesting thing to concider: Where were the republican politicians?

Lots of Ron Paul shirts and hats.

I did meet BB62 for sure.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

reefteach wrote:
...I did meet BB62 for sure.

Who?? :D

I'm sorry... I met LOTS ofpeople this year- can you remind me (in a PM if you like) what you looked like? I'm terrible, I know.

I wanted to take lots of pictures of people I met, but a) and I got there a little late, and b) the speakers were riveting this year ('cept for the Guv), and I didn't want to take anyone'sattention away.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

reefteach wrote:
I go by another handle on OFCC. I was under the tree carrying a Taurus PT145 in tan Bianchi thumbreak holster.

In the dark blue shirt? (I think!)

If so, I gotcha, and it was nice meeting you!