• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defending yourself against an unarmed attacker.

PT111

imported post

And when I say unarmed I mean unarmed. Something to think about when defending yourself against an unarmed intruder.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20844553/

SNELLVILLE, Ga. - Police are investigating the death of a man who collapsed after he was head-butted by an armless man in a fight over a woman. Snellville Police Chief Roy Whitehead said the two men, Charles Keith Teer and William Russell Redfern, scuffled Monday afternoon in the driveway of a suburban Atlanta home.

Police say Redfern, who was born with no right arm and only a short stump for his left arm, kicked Teer and Teer hit Redfern during the fight, which was due to long-standing bad blood over a woman who once dated Teer and now dates Redfern.

After bystanders separated them, Redfern "came back and head-butted (Teer) one time," Whitehead said.

Teer complained of feeling dizzy, collapsed and died, Whitehead said.
After the fight, Redfern and the woman got into his truck and drove to the Snellville police station, Whitehead said. He said the couple had called 911 to report the dispute, then told the operator they needed an ambulance after Teer collapsed

FightingGlock19

imported post

>>After the fight, Redfern and the woman got into his truck and drove to the Snellville police station, Whitehead said.<<

let's just hope it was the woman drivng :shock:

TrueBrit

imported post

I guess that Teer figured that since Redfern was 'armless,so to speak,it would be safe to give him a smack!

I just could not resist, please excuse the warped and bloodthirsty humour from the Kentucky members!

TrueBrit.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

PT111 wrote:
And when I say unarmed I mean unarmed. Something to think about when defending yourself against an unarmed intruder.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20844553/

SNELLVILLE, Ga. - Police are investigating the death of a man who collapsed after he was head-butted by an armless man in a fight over a woman. Snellville Police Chief Roy Whitehead said the two men, Charles Keith Teer and William Russell Redfern, scuffled Monday afternoon in the driveway of a suburban Atlanta home.

Police say Redfern, who was born with no right arm and only a short stump for his left arm, kicked Teer and Teer hit Redfern during the fight, which was due to long-standing bad blood over a woman who once dated Teer and now dates Redfern.

After bystanders separated them, Redfern "came back and head-butted (Teer) one time," Whitehead said.

Teer complained of feeling dizzy, collapsed and died...

Never shoot a man who has no arms. Never.
nosmiley.gif

Give up the woman. Take a beat down if you must.

But if you shoot a man who has no arms you will be verysorry.
yessmiley.gif

molonlabetn

imported post

Shooting a handicapped person would not end well, especially without substantial evidence that they were capable of inflicting serious harm which you were unable to prevent.

In the case of the 'unarmed' man... I would think that just closing a door between you and him would be sufficient, let him head-butt the door for a while.

Getting into an altercation at all with an obviouslyhandicapped person is just asking for it... I think this is one scenario in which Hank's postulate consistently applies. Don't shoot people who don't have arms.

ijusam

imported post

Previously in Texas it was forbidden to use any type of light while hunting however there has never been a restriction on giving hunting licenses to the blind or legally blind. Under the new bill, the legally blind hunters will be allowed to use laser sights when accompanied by a licensed and sighted hunter over 13, however it still has to pass the state senate.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/207547/legally_blind_hunters_in_texas.html

Tomahawk

imported post

Obviously, this situation requires a man with a good head on his shoulders, lest he find himself in the arms of the law. After all, you wouldn't want "stupid" stamped on your forehead. Many stiff-necked people may get into trouble in a situation like this. Jail canbe a tough place, as you may not have access to your usual head-banging heavy metal CDs or your choice of shampoo, such as Head and Shoulders....

FogRider

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Obviously, this situation requires a man with a good head on his shoulders, lest he find himself in the arms of the law. After all, you wouldn't want "stupid" stamped on your forehead. Many stiff-necked people may get into trouble in a situation like this. Jail canbe a tough place, as you may not have access to your usual head-banging heavy metal CDs or your choice of shampoo, such as Head and Shoulders....
Pepsi, meet Keyboard. Keyboard, Pepsi.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
Leave. It's the first defensive move they will teach you in any martial art.

It's a wise move, definitely, if possible. And it is usually possible.

Some people just can't do it, however. It could be an unarmed guy (with arms)who has no legs who is getting threatening ....and some here would still figure out a rationale to stick around and be ready to neutralize the threat....:p

Lthrnck

imported post

I work for the Veterans Administration. When I was in Loma Linda, Ca. there was a young lady there that was born without any arms. She did everything with her feet.

Drive, eat, write and yes Shoot.... so just because someone one is born with a disability doesn't mean they are disabled...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Never shoot a man who has no arms. Never.
nosmiley.gif
Unless, of course, he has a gun in his mouth.
roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif
roflmao1.gif

Pointed where? :D

Funny story, real quick. What do you do if you're the cvops and there is aa guy who has a gun pointed at his head?

True story. Georgia, Florida, somewhere in the SE a year or so ago...

Some mope walks into a convenience store in early evening. Grabs a beer from cooler. Opens it, starts drinking. Clerk says, "Hey buddy, you gotta pay for dat." Mope says, "No, I don't and I'm taking another one!" Mope pulls out loaded handgun and reaches into cooler for 2nd brewski.

Clerk flees and calls cops.First cops arrive. Guyputshandgun to head, sayshe will shoot himself if cops try to get him. He gets another beer. And cigarettes. He smokes anddrinkswith gun to his head.

More cops arrive. Tac squad, everybody. Tie up entire main street for hours. They're deployed all around this guy. A plannin' on what to do...

Finally, the mope momentarily drops his hand to fumble with lighting a cigarette. Cop sees the opening! Shoots him with rifle.

Community saved again.... case solved.

Marco

imported post

HankT,

Richard Pryor once said" ego will heal in 3-4 days and broken jaw 3-4 weeks

PT111

imported post

A few years ago a good friend of mine called her brother up and told him that if he didn't come get his dog out of her yard, she was going to shoot the dog and she had heard on the TV that there wasn't a thing he could do about it.:uhoh: Bad thing was she was absolutely correct in that the SCOTUS that day had ruled that people with an IQ of less than 60 could not he held liable for their actions. :cuss:Hersis 58 and she knew it. Hopefully she knows not to kill someone but she does know that she can't be held responsible. A very scary thought :what:and I try to keep on her good side. ;)Dealing with people with people with disabilities can be very tricky.:banghead:

molonlabetn

imported post

PT111 wrote:
...the SCOUS that day had ruled that people with an IQ of less than 60 could not he held liable for their actions...

Hmmm... that explains alot of things that go on in our government unchecked...