Thread: Got My New Firearm!

State Researcher

Post imported post

So, I've been a gun owner now for what, all of almosttwo months and, in that time, my S&W Sigma with the 12lbs trigger pull has served me well... 600 rounds or so without a single failure and the 'mac truck' of trigger pulls has taught me quite a bit of control. Excellent gun to start off on...

The other day, however, I picked up my Springfield XD 9mm Service Pistol (4")... still has the trigger safety, as well as a grip safety and a nice 5-6lbs pull. Looking forward to hitting the range this weekend! Phone cam picture below!

On that note, if anyone's interested in an immaculately maintained Sigma 9mm with a Fobus and Blackhawk SERPA L2 holsters, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State Researcher

Post imported post

Looking forward to shooting it this weekend for the first time. I've taken my kid's white crayon to the etching in the slide, so it looks pretty slick now. Hopefully I'll get pictures taken this weekend.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    Looking forward to shooting it this weekend for the first time. I've taken my kid's white crayon to the etching in the slide, so it looks pretty slick now. Hopefully I'll get pictures taken this weekend.
    On that note, if anyone's interested in an immaculately maintained Sigma 9mm with a Fobus and Blackhawk SERPA L2 holsters, let me know.
    Is that what immaculately maintained means to you? :?

State Researcher

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Wynder wrote:
    Is that what immaculately maintained means to you? :?
    Read it again. I took the crayon to the XD to create the effect to the engravingin the picture below. My Sigma has been immaculately maintained. Please be sure to read a post before you reply to it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

lol I read everything, I was just giving you crap Wouldn't the crayon come off whenever you whipe her down with any kind of cleaner or oil, or at least after a few cleanings??

State Researcher

Post imported post

Hehehe... It might be soluable in the solvent -- at the very worst, I take a toothpick and scrape it out, good as new. I doubt I'll actually get the enamel stick to make it permanent since the job I did took me all of 15 minutes.

Post imported post

Yay!!! I love XDs! w00t. I can't wait to get mine