• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for code or case ?

demonslaer

imported post

I am looking for a case # or code # or somthing to states case or code regarding the law of OC in WV can anyone help me? somone told me you can't OC without CWP is this true . I dont want my gun taken :banghead: :uhoh:

Agent6-3/8

imported post

There is no code or law about OC, because its perfectly legal. You also do not need a permit to OC. Permits in WV are called Concealed Pistol/Revolver License. (i.e. they are only needed for CCW)

There are a few cities that do have laws grandfatherd in that ban OC. Charleston andDunbar comes to mind. Don't know about Parkersberg though.

Be aware though, that just because its legal doesn't mean a well meaning and uninformed police officer won't give you a hard time.