Thread: Transporting firearm private aircraft

Post imported post

Does anyone know laws regarding transporting firearm ( M4gery ) in a private aircraft. Would be leaving a public airport,NOT through the passenger terminal. I would have to walk through the general aviation terminal and directly to the plane. Not worried about landing as this will be on a private strip.

Thanks for any help.

Post imported post

I wouln't think it'd be a problem, but call the airport's general aviation terminal...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

As far as I know, the Virginia prohibition only mentions the "Air Carrier" airport terminal. People fly out to the wilds on bush planes to go hunting and fishing--those planes have to take off from somewhere.

If you're the pilot, cool. If you're a passenger, make sure your pilot knows. Just to be safe, I'd do the same as if I was flying on an airline: unloaded, in a locked case. For small GA aircraft, there is no luggage compartment that's inaccessible in flight. In the bottom of the bag that's in the bottom of the pile is as close to "inaccessible" as you can get.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

No problems today.

Walked right through. Lady from FBO wanted to know if I had anything rare. She said they do occasionally get someone passing through with firearms.