• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Somewhat off topic) Alexandria CCW Processing Time

soloban

imported post

I know this forum is mostly for Open Carry but I'm sure someone out there knows the answer...

Anyone know the typical processing time for a CCW permit in Alexandria?

soloban

imported post

They must hold it until they would have to issue you a de facto permit :banghead:, either that or there are alot of people filling out CCW permits.

soloban

imported post

$50 processing check just cleared my account. Should be in mail soon. :D

(Follow up edit....Wasn't in the mail box today...how long does it take to mail something 6 miles??)

soloban

imported post

I don't think pick up is an option for Alexandria.

The lady that took the paperwork at the Police Station sure seemed cranky and made certain that myself and the other lady turning in paperwork had our SASE.

soloban

imported post

soloban wrote:

(Follow up edit....Wasn't in the mail box today...how long does it take to mail something 6 miles??)
WTF is taking so long??

I applied for the permit on 31 Aug, check cleared on 5 Oct, its 13 Oct now. Is this typical?

soloban

imported post

soloban wrote:
soloban wrote:

WTF is taking so long??

I applied for the permit on 31 Aug, check cleared on 5 Oct, its 13 Oct now. Is this typical?
Whoops....guess I should have made sure the mail was here before making the post...:dude:

hsmith

imported post

after the paper work and my "competency" certificate sat on my floor for 6 months, I finally made my way over to the Fairfax Court House on Friday to drop off my CCW paperwork. :eek:

But the lady at the desk was suprisingly affable, very helpful and very informative.

One of my friends got his in <4 weeks about two months ago, hopefully mine is the same!