Thread: OC in Southpark

Post imported post

So today I stopped by my friend's warehouse/storage thingy in Southpark, there are other businesses that rent out space in the complex. I get there and see my friend going to the store so I hop into his car. When we get back, the owners of the warehouse which I also know said that the business next door which is a flower shop or something said they came up asking them if they were alright cause they saw a guy with a gun go in. When they asked for a description they said it was a bigger guy, could've been black or mexican, which I'm not. The people from the flower shop waited to come check on them since they were afraid of me I guess:shock: But my friends recognized the description and told them not to worry about it. I was OCing my Sig P220 and CCing my S&W M&P 9mm at the time, all full-size, at least they didn't see the other one or they might have gotten more worried I guess.

Post imported post

That's interesting... I grew up for 12 years from birth in South Park, one street North of the community center: Rose St, off of 8th.

South Park is the kind of area that I wouldn't go without at least one sidearm and preferably extra ammo. My father wouldn't call in gun shots unless he heard automatic fire; which he can recognize, due to being an in-country Vietnam veteran.

Glad to hear everything went alright down there larz. Take care.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I would find it strange if one WASN'T carrying a firearm in South Park. Same for White Center.

Years (many of them) ago I used to drive an Ambulance in that area. Gunshot Wounds, Knife Wounds, and Blunt Force Trauma were daily events. I felt like an Army Medic.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

I live right on Cloverdale and 14Th, but I'm used to the area now even though I've only lived here for about 4-5 months. I guess it was the 12 years in White Center that got me ready for it

Post imported post

larz wrote:
    I live right on Cloverdale and 14Th, but I'm used to the area now even though I've only lived here for about 4-5 months. I guess it was the 12 years in White Center that got me ready for it
    Dang... I know that corner well. I used to bike passed it on my way from my house on Rose St. over to the little market next to where the AM/PM was.

The cops are always on that corner dealing with people in/around that bar and down the street at the County Line bar at the base of the 14th Ave bridge.

Not one of the better parts of South Park... if there are any "good parts". ;-p
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA