• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Students Shot at Delaware State University

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Already posted about this up in the News Topic:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/4854.html

This is actually the second college shooting incident in the past two weeks -- the other was up north in the state a bit more and had no injuries. But the honest truth is, unless people actually ask for those rights in the colleges, they're not just going to, all of a sudden, change school policy.

Granted the south part of the state is a bit more open when it comes to guns than the north (we're pretty much split by the Mason-Dixon line), I don't believe the issue has ever been brought up in Delaware by students, staff or faculty, yet.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Diesel23 wrote:
Another reason students should be able to defend themselves!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20902107/

“I thought it was about racing, or NASCAR, or something like that,” he said. “I’m shocked. I don’t expect to hear something like this when I’m trying to go to class—it’s weird.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT shocked at all, just at the IGNORANCE that CCW holders will NOT be able to Carry for this very reason.

When will School "Officials" wake up and smell the coffee. How many more of these students will suffer due to IGNORANCE.

My sympatheis to the students and their families