• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying a gun.. They forget the paper work.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

I work in a gun shop. Unless you are wanting to have these guys arrested and loose everything they own, shut down the store and piss-off all of their customers, I would strongly encourage you to quietly get back there and do what ever the law says should have been done.

If you don't want a record of the purchase, buy it from a private individual, but please don't screw one of the good guys.

LoveMyCountry

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
If you don't want a record of the purchase, buy it from a private individual, but please don't screw one of the good guys.

I completely agree with this statement. It won't cost you anything to do the right thing.

Hank, I have only one thing to say to you: :celebrate

Marco

imported post

attachment.php

expvideo

imported post

I think it would be good to quietly speak with the guy who sold you the gun and have him fill out the proper paperwork. I agree that registration sucks, but his job potentiallyhangs on the line with this one. If you made a mistake at work that could effect your employement, and possibly your whole business if you were the shop owner, I'm sure you would appreciate it if someone helped you to fix the problem before it got to that point.

This is your chance to really help someone out and be a good samaritan. I hope that you will set a strong example of integrity for the rest of us by doing the right thing.