• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying a gun.. They forget the paper work.

DrewGunner

imported post

About a week ago I go to buy a new rifle, they didn't have it so they special ordered it. Gun came in last night. I go to pick it up, the gun is already paid for, show them my receipt and walk out... No paper work, no phoning it in,no background check, nothing. I kept my mouth shut, partly because I wanted to see if they'd catch it and partly because I'm against gun registration.

So yea, pretty wild. I can't believe they forgot to do the paper work, thats a pretty big no no.

Who do you call to report that? ATF?

Agent 47

imported post

The problem is when we call in NICS and do the paperwork that is how we show where the gun went when the BATF does there annual audit. That means next audit your gun will be reported stolen and the next time your gun gets checked ie. when you go to sell it or someone else goes to sell it you will be charged with theft of a firearm. :shock:there fault or not, unfortunatly you will be the one to take the fall. BTW what gunshop was this.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
About a week ago I go to buy a new rifle, they didn't have it so they special ordered it. Gun came in last night. I go to pick it up, the gun is already paid for, show them my receipt and walk out... No paper work, no phoning it in,no background check, nothing. I kept my mouth shut, partly because I wanted to see if they'd catch it and partly because I'm against gun registration.

So yea, pretty wild. I can't believe they forgot to do the paper work, thats a pretty big no no.

I would talk to Your BCI about it and see how they would be able to direct You somehow.

IFthey "missed" You how many more have they "missed"???

Dangerous Business if You ask me

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

You didn't give them any personal info when you ordered it? How do you know that they didn't do a check? Also, I said I wouldn't bring any attention to it. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be consequences given certain situations. It is your civic dutyto call the shop where the gun came from so that you may be entered in the BATF's records as the proud owner of that fine piece of American freedom. How else will they know where to find it when they are out taking all the guns out of our hands? Do your part, save the world.

Marco

imported post

attachment.php

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
:shock:there fault or not, unfortunatly you will be the one to take the fall. BTW what gunshop was this.

Possible exception:
not if he has a sales receipt with the serial# and date on it, however you can no longer plead ignorance after posting it on a public forum

keep what store it was to yourself!!!

(you know the Gov"t has spies)

Edit: the store will probaby be giving you a call before the week is up or when/if someone double checks their paper work

To keep myself on the "Good" side of the Bars, I mean the Law, I would go back to the Store. Better Safe than Sorry.

If it was a Private Sale maybe different, BUt I would still have had a Bill of Sale somehow.

DrewGunner

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
You didn't give them any personal info when you ordered it? How do you know that they didn't do a check? Also, I said I wouldn't bring any attention to it. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be consequences given certain situations. It is your civic dutyto call the shop where the gun came from so that you may be entered in the BATF's records as the proud owner of that fine piece of American freedom. How else will they know where to find it when they are out taking all the guns out of our hands? Do your part, save the world.
Normally you fill that form out. I can't remember the name of if,it asks if you're crazy, if you're a felon, illegal alien... They look at your drivers lisence and then call it in and get the ok. That didn't happen...
How else will they know where to find it when they are out taking all the guns out of our hands?
Exactly.

Agent 19-- I do have the receipt of the serial # and date... And this is all hypothetical ;)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DrewGunner wrote:

You're being soooooooo childish.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:

Hi HankT,

Is that a WOMANS opinoin ???

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:

Hi HankT,

Is that a WOMANS opinoin ???

An adult's.

Hey UTOC. Quick! Where's your gun?

Are you sure?

DrewGunner

imported post

HankT wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:

So what would you do hank?Goback andsay you guys are morons and forgot to do the paper work? Report them to the feds so that this doesn't (hopefully doesn't)happen again. Or just forget about it...

Agent 47

imported post

I would go back, if only to see the looks on their faces when they relize they let a gun walk out the door with no paperwork.:p

rady8um

imported post

Well, I learned something new today. I guess since I have never purchased a rifle from a dealer, I was unaware that a buyergoes through a NICS check. I thought it was only for pistols.

Or am I thinking of PA laws?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

rady8um wrote:
Well, I learned something new today. I guess since I have never purchased a rifle from a dealer, I was unaware that a buyergoes through a NICS check. I thought it was only for pistols.

ALL firearms...

Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, Shotguns, Grenade Throwers, Bazookas:celebrate...Tanks:lol:

just_a_car

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
rady8um wrote:

ALL firearms...

Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, Shotguns, Grenade Throwers, Bazookas:celebrate...Tanks:lol:
You forgot the notorious "Semi-automatic Machine Guns"... ROFL!!!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
rady8um wrote:

ALL firearms...

You forgot the notorious "Semi-automatic Machine Guns"... ROFL!!!
I'm soooooo SOOORRY.

ROTFLMAO

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
HankT wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:

So what would you do hank?Goback andsay you guys are morons and forgot to do the paper work? Report them to the feds so that this doesn't (hopefully doesn't)happen again. Or just forget about it...

I would do the right thing.

Y'know, you're like the1.5 year old kid who found dad's keyring and is danglingit through a fence over some bridge or something. You don't quite know what you've got but EVERYONE is paying attention to you and somehow it seems really coooool to have ALL THAT POWER! :p

Do what you want. Let's see if you drop the keys over the bridge.