Thread: 1911 Avenger?!?!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Interesting...

http://www.getgrip.com/main/whatsnew/avenger.html

http://www.m1911.org/hogueavenger.htm

*edit* Here's a pic of the other variation that is pictured in the article...

Post imported post

Interesting toy. Doesn't do much for the looks, though it looks like fun.

A few years back there was a carbine kit that you used with a 1911 frame. I always thought it would be cool to have a .45ACP carbine and pistol in one.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm wondering how much these are going to cost. It seems like a very interesting design. If they're not god-awfully expensive I'll probably get one once I get my 1911..

Post imported post

I guess....

But that is a wose bastardization of the 1911 since Para started making double stacks and DA "1911's".

State Researcher

Post imported post

Agent6-3/8 wrote:
    I guess....

But that is a wose bastardization of the 1911 since Para started making double stacks and DA "1911's".
    Ugly or not, if it works how they it does, you can't argue with it. There's a lot of variation between the pics, so who knows what the final product will be. I kinda like the top pic that I posted...looks like a military pistol out of a video game...it also looks like a snag fest, though..

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Agent6-3/8 wrote:
    I guess....

Ugly or not, if it works how they it does, you can't argue with it. There's a lot of variation between the pics, so who knows what the final product will be. I kinda like the top pic that I posted...looks like a military pistol out of a video game...it also looks like a snag fest, though..
    Looks like a range queen, not something to carry.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Looks like a range queen, not something to carry.
    that definitely seems to be how they're marketing it. I'm wondering though, if it improves accuracy and weapon operation, why not carry it? What's funny is I just read an article about gun control (the good kinda, like the grip lol) and how the guy said "If I could put my support hand on top of the gun, I would!"...with this gun, he could! lol

Are there any other guns that are being or have been made that utilize a similar action? Or is this the first of its kind?

Post imported post

Too many sharp edges to carry. You don't want to have her snag on your clothes or be cumbersome when you need every fraction of a second.

State Researcher

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Too many sharp edges to carry. You don't want to have her snag on your clothes or be cumbersome when you need every fraction of a second.
    Yeah, like I had said, some of those versions look like they could be a snag fest. The last pic I posted doesn't look bad, though..