• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 Avenger?!?!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Interesting...

http://www.getgrip.com/main/whatsnew/avenger.html

http://www.m1911.org/hogueavenger.htm

Avenger%20on%20plates.jpg

avenger14.jpg

avenger15.jpg

*edit* Here's a pic of the other variation that is pictured in the article...

avenger16.jpg

Tomahawk

imported post

Interesting toy. Doesn't do much for the looks, though it looks like fun.

A few years back there was a carbine kit that you used with a 1911 frame. I always thought it would be cool to have a .45ACP carbine and pistol in one.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I'm wondering how much these are going to cost. It seems like a very interesting design. If they're not god-awfully expensive I'll probably get one once I get my 1911..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Agent6-3/8 wrote:
I guess....

But that is a wose bastardization of the 1911 since Para started making double stacks and DA "1911's".
Ugly or not, if it works how they it does, you can't argue with it. There's a lot of variation between the pics, so who knows what the final product will be. I kinda like the top pic that I posted...looks like a military pistol out of a video game...it also looks like a snag fest, though..

Tomahawk

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Agent6-3/8 wrote:
I guess....

But that is a wose bastardization of the 1911 since Para started making double stacks and DA "1911's".
Ugly or not, if it works how they it does, you can't argue with it. There's a lot of variation between the pics, so who knows what the final product will be. I kinda like the top pic that I posted...looks like a military pistol out of a video game...it also looks like a snag fest, though..
Looks like a range queen, not something to carry.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Looks like a range queen, not something to carry.

that definitely seems to be how they're marketing it. I'm wondering though, if it improves accuracy and weapon operation, why not carry it? What's funny is I just read an article about gun control (the good kinda, like the grip lol) and how the guy said "If I could put my support hand on top of the gun, I would!"...with this gun, he could! lol

Are there any other guns that are being or have been made that utilize a similar action? Or is this the first of its kind?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Too many sharp edges to carry. You don't want to have her snag on your clothes or be cumbersome when you need every fraction of a second.

Yeah, like I had said, some of those versions look like they could be a snag fest. The last pic I posted doesn't look bad, though..