Thread: Weapons banned at public venue?

Post imported post

http://www.kiimfm.com/article.asp?id=451810#bring

Local radio station sponsered concert at what sounds like a public venue. Weapons banned. (Look under "What you can and can't bring.") Is it legal? I don't have time to look it up right now, at work until 2400.

Post imported post

Yep its legal. But the way I read it was different. To me it said concealed carry or stay home. But I read all signs that way unless I see a metal detector

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No Weapons says everything to me. Don't show up with them. I would not push it until I have more info. I will agree with waiting to see if patted down or metal detectors. If just a pat down, stick it in your boot if you can. I carried lots of places I shouldn't have. Especially when living in the Chicago area. I don't advocate breaking the law with carrying a firearm, but I do condone bending them slightly.:shock::P

Post imported post

At times you have to break the law. Me if you see me you can bet I have my gun. More times then not the AK is close at hand to

Post imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
    Yep its legal. But the way I read it was different. To me it said concealed carry or stay home. But I read all signs that way unless I see a metal detector
    Does Arizona not have statewide pre-emption? Or is this not a public venue?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It is a public event, but the intent of the promoters on their site say NO weapons. Just depends on how or if they have any specific sign to warn you of their intentions. This is a definite grey area. It is almost like their saying "we own the event, but it is open to the public if you follow our rules". I would have to go the event intending to carry on the concealed side, but if I see tight security to get in, would put it back in the car. The promoters are in charge.

Post imported post

It is my understanding that events held at public venues in AZ are required by law to provide secured weapon storage if they do not allow weapons. Not that I would trust them with my gun. Just a point to bring up next time you see it happen.

Post imported post

helitech wrote:
    It is my understanding that events held at public venues in AZ are required by law to provide secured weapon storage if they do not allow weapons. Not that I would trust them with my gun. Just a point to bring up next time you see it happen.
    This is out of ARS 13-3102:

L. For the purposes of this section:
    1. "Public establishment" means a structure, vehicle or craft that is owned, leased or operated by this state or a political subdivision of this state.
    2. "Public event" means a specifically named or sponsored event of limited duration either conducted by a public entity or conducted by a private entity with a permit or license granted by a public entity. Public event does not include an unsponsored gathering of people in a public place.