• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons banned at public venue?

lostone1413

imported post

Yep its legal. But the way I read it was different. To me it said concealed carry or stay home. But I read all signs that way unless I see a metal detector

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No Weapons says everything to me. Don't show up with them. I would not push it until I have more info. I will agree with waiting to see if patted down or metal detectors. If just a pat down, stick it in your boot if you can. I carried lots of places I shouldn't have. Especially when living in the Chicago area. I don't advocate breaking the law with carrying a firearm, but I do condone bending them slightly.;);););):shock::p

lostone1413

imported post

At times you have to break the law. Me if you see me you can bet I have my gun. More times then not the AK is close at hand to

glocknroll

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
Yep its legal. But the way I read it was different. To me it said concealed carry or stay home. But I read all signs that way unless I see a metal detector
Does Arizona not have statewide pre-emption? Or is this not a public venue?

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is a public event, but the intent of the promoters on their site say NO weapons. Just depends on how or if they have any specific sign to warn you of their intentions. This is a definite grey area. It is almost like their saying "we own the event, but it is open to the public if you follow our rules". I would have to go the event intending to carry on the concealed side, but if I see tight security to get in, would put it back in the car. The promoters are in charge.

helitech

imported post

It is my understanding that events held at public venues in AZ are required by law to provide secured weapon storage if they do not allow weapons. Not that I would trust them with my gun. Just a point to bring up next time you see it happen.

radwood

imported post

helitech wrote:
It is my understanding that events held at public venues in AZ are required by law to provide secured weapon storage if they do not allow weapons. Not that I would trust them with my gun. Just a point to bring up next time you see it happen.
This is out of ARS 13-3102:

L. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Public establishment" means a structure, vehicle or craft that is owned, leased or operated by this state or a political subdivision of this state.
2. "Public event" means a specifically named or sponsored event of limited duration either conducted by a public entity or conducted by a private entity with a permit or license granted by a public entity. Public event does not include an unsponsored gathering of people in a public place.