• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mammoth Cave

Ss

imported post

I assume since it is a national park carrying there is prohibited even though it is in Kentucky. heheh

FightingGlock19

imported post

Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm, so if the Federal Gov't. says it's a no-go, then sadly it's off limits to the law abiding.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

it was just implied that you can carry in fed. parks. please double check before you go through with it though.

:celebrate

chris in va

imported post

it was just implied that you can carry in fed. parks. please double check before you go through with it though
The law won't take effect until Feb 2010, still no carry in National Parks. Unload, ammo separate, locked container.

I just went down to Mammoth and had to do that.

Can't confirm this, but also note that even with the law in place you may still not be able to carry in the park facilities, including the caves as they are a 'Federal Building'.

hotrod

imported post

There is an ongoing attempt to have the injunction imposed by the federal judge in Kansas dropped. Hopefully that will happen quickly

superdemon

imported post

Last time I was at Mammoth Cave, I simply put my weapon in the hidden compartment of my 5.11 tac vest and had it with me all day.

Sometimes I would rather hide it than not have it...

PT111

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
I'd love to see a cite supporting the idea that the cave is a building.
If a person lives in a cave wouldn't it be considered their home and carry the same status as a stick built home? How about a Teepee or a underground home just dug out? You never know what kinds of monsters you might run into in a cave.:p