• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W M&P Compact

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

....for her birthday. Today we went to A&P Arms near Lynhaven mall. We had already test fitted quite a few guns to her hand and she really liked the HK USP Compact. We also tried numerous revolvers, but after her car accident, her injured hand still isn't 100% and it was extremely difficult for her to pull a double action trigger. So we were looking at more pistols since HK no longer makes the compact in 357SIG (the caliber we wanted). But we kept looking and Curtis showed us one of the new S&W M&P Compacts and they really felt good to her, so we rented one (in 9mm)and put 50rds through it. She loved it. I like it too, good accuracy, good trigger feel, a really well put together pistol, IMHO. So we planned to go back tommorrow and get it (in 9mm--I know, I know, friends dont let friends carry 9mm). I get home and look at S&Ws website and low and behold, they make one chambered for the fabulous 357SIG cartrige. So thats what I will be ordering for her tomorrow.

So, is that S&W boycott still on or what:lol:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
....for her birthday. Today we went to A&P Arms near Lynhaven mall. We had already test fitted quite a few guns to her hand and she really liked the HK USP Compact. We also tried numerous revolvers, but after her car accident, her injured hand still isn't 100% and it was extremely difficult for her to pull a double action trigger. So we were looking at more pistols since HK no longer makes the compact in 357SIG (the caliber we wanted). But we kept looking and Curtis showed us one of the new S&W M&P Compacts and they really felt good to her, so we rented one (in 9mm)and put 50rds through it. She loved it. I like it too, good accuracy, good trigger feel, a really well put together pistol, IMHO. So we planned to go back tommorrow and get it (in 9mm--I know, I know, friends dont let friends carry 9mm). I get home and look at S&Ws website and low and behold, they make one chambered for the fabulous 357SIG cartrige. So thats what I will be ordering for her tomorrow.
Who is the gun for? You or her?

Reverend73 wrote:
So, is that S&W boycott still on or what:lol:
Nah, get the best gun for the purpose at hand. Effectiveness is the criterion not being PC wit da boyz. YMMV.

medicff0879

imported post

Owned one in the 40c and loved it, girlfriend loved it too and handled the 40 quite well. We also bought a S&W 642 38spcl with Crimson Trace Grips. That is her gun, I ended up exchanging the 40c for the full size 45 since the gun ended up doing bedside duty most of the time rather than carrying around. I exchanged my 642 for a Ruger SP101 for the extra knockdown of the 357mag. Nothing wrong with the M&P 40c as it is one of the best little guns out of all of them I have tested out.

Did you try out all 3 of the grips to see which one you like best? I ended up using the small on both the 40c and the 45, I will be adding Crimson Trace Grips to the 45 very soon. Take a look at www.Mp-pistol.com for a little insight into the M&P world. Good luck on your choice, you wont regret the S&W 9c.